Monday, October 26, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....October 26th Edition Just need a Bag o' Beans!


Last Week's Menu Postmortem...

Everything was served as planned except when I went to make the Ham & Bean Soup I discovered I was out of the appropriate beans!lol 

So we had leftovers instead.  I got some Domino's take-out pizza on Saturday while I was out running errands.  That got us through a meal plus some of us had it on leftover night Sunday.
The Pork Cutlets in the Pork Parmesan were very good.  They tasted sort of like veal to me...with all that sauce and cheese on top, who can tell the difference?lol  It was also my least expensive dinners last week, as the pork was so cheap. 

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week....


MONDAY--Cheese Ravioli(freezer), Garlic Bread(hubby made rolls instead)
TUESDAY--Fried Catfish(freezer), Sweet Potato Fries(farm), Carrots(farm)
WEDNESDAY--Ham and Bean Soup(freezer), assorted sandwiches(Cheese, Turkey)
THURSDAY--Sloppy Joes(freezer/make my own sauce), Corn(freezer)
FRIDAY--Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole(freezer/stockpile)
SATURDAY--Tacos(freezer/stockpile)
SUNDAY--Leftovers or Breakfast for Dinner(if I make the brioche this week)
SNACKS/DESSERTS--Zucchini Bread,homemade Applesauce, Candy Corn Fudge

Be sure and check out the Ham and Bean Soup recipe link above.  I am NOT a fan of bean soups but with this one, even I want to lick the bowl clean!  It should be called the "Bean Soup for Bean Soup Haters" Soup.lol

Last week I spent $73.64.  That doesn't include the 2 trips to Rite-Aid(that was mostly HBA tho).  Yes, I was a "Spendy Spendington" last week!lol   $29+ of that was oreos, fruit and ketchup stocking up.  $26.50 of that was stocking up on a half bushel of apples and a peck of onions for the root cellar, plus some squash and a big pumpkin for carving. Though the farm stand is cheaper than the produce at the grocery store, I have seen a definite hike in prices there as well. 8-((

This week's menu shopping list.....weekly milk purchase but otherwise there is nothing we need to buy for this menu except a bag of northern beans.  I don't need to stock-up on much of anything so I'll think about where to allocate my food budget this week.  Maybe I'll lay in some baking supplies(flour and spices) or powdered milk and some dairy that's on sale this week.  I am good on sugars, nuts, chips but the spices are getting low with the baking season coming up.  After shelling out $1.50 for the beans, I'll have $33.50 left for fresh milk and whatever I want to stock up on.  Oh decisions, decisions about what to buy...lol

Food Waste Report....my last green pepper salvaged from the garden after the frost last week.  I forgot to put it in the fridge and by the time I remembered(2 days later...ugh!), it had started liquifying...not a pretty sight.lol  Pepper now resides in the compost pile out back.

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.