Friday, October 23, 2009

To KMart for some Almost Free Cleaning Supplies and Rebate Products

I heard that KMart had a Catalina OYNO Coupon Deal going on this week for Clorox products.  When you Buy $15 worth of Clorox products you get 2 $5 OYNO Coupons....one prints out after your receipt and the other prints out from the Catalina machine.

I also had a $12 OYNO Catalina Q and a $5 OYNO Catalina Q left from the last round of Double Coupons at KMart that were expiring next week.  And I needed to buy some Capri Sun Drinks (5 boxes to be exact)to finish off the purchases I needed to make to send for the KRAFT Back-To-School $20 Rebate.

The plan was to use the $5 OYNO Cat to purchase some Capri Sun boxes(which had been on sale for $2 ea.).  Then buy $15 worth of Clorox and use coupons and the $12 OYNO Cat to get almost free cleaning supplies AND 2 $5 OYNO Cats, then use one of those Cats to buy the rest of the 5 Capri Suns I needed for the Rebate.

I get to KMart and the Capri Sun are now $2.99, no longer on sale and I didn't have any coupons for these items either.
Drat!

BUT....the Kool-Aid Jammers ARE now on sale for $2.00.  These are also qualifying drinks for the Rebate.
Yay!!




So hubby buys 3 boxes of Kool-Aid and uses the $5 OYNO Cat, paying $1.04 out of pocket for all 3 boxes of drinks.


Then I bought $15.68 worth of Clorox.

2 x Wipes @$2.99=$5.98
2 x Toilet Cleaner on sale @$2.00=$4.00
2 x Bleach @$2.05=$4.10
1 x small Bleach=$1.38

I used 3 $1/2 Clorox coupons, which brought my total down to $12.68.
Apply the $12 OYNO Cat Coupon and I paid .68¢ OOP.
I received 2 $5 OYNO Cats for this order.

We ran out of time to get 2 more Kool-Aid Jammers for the rebate, so I'll drop back into KMart on Saturday when I go out to run errands and use one of the $5 Cats to get free drinks.

So in the end the Kraft Back-To-School Rebate cost me.....
* $1.04 for 5 Drink Products
* $.00 for the 5 Easy Mac Cups.  I bought them earlier in the year and used .55/1 Qs that doubled to   $1.   They were .50¢ each, so free after coupons.
* $2.50 for 5 Cakesters.  I bought them at KMart during double coupons & used 5 $1/1 Qs.
* $6.00 for 5 packages of Oreos. I bought those earlier this week using a Cat OYNO Deal at Weis.

Add in the 45¢ stamp and this $20 Rebate will be a $10 Moneymaker after the cost of the products!

I think I'll donate the Kool-Aid boxes to the Band Camp next summer.  This stuff has the halflife of plutonium so should still be 'fresh' by then and after marching in the hot sun for a few hours in August the kids will need that extra sugar to burn off.  ;-)

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.