Sunday, October 18, 2009

October Charity Challenge at CVS Saver....Donate that Excess!

Well I made the mistake of not pulling out my October donation for the local food bank and medical clinic BEFORE I did the flea market last weekend to get rid of my excess stockpile items. **sigh**


So my donation this month is a little light as I had to pull some of it after from the main stockpile.
I also have 4 more glucose meters to take up that are not pictured.  In addition, I need to get down some cold cereal and grape jelly(to go with the pb, of course!lol)but it's on the high shelving and I need hubby's help with that.  I'll be adding 6 more boxes of cereal(the ones kids like) to what is pictured before I run it up to the food bank on tuesday.






28 food items
34 toiletries & OTC meds
4 meters

Haven't done the value calculations yet.

It feels good to be able to give away stuff to those who can use it.  And using coupons, you can donate without much of a dent in your own pocketbook....or you can give even MORE than you usually do, because coupons help you stretch your dollars even further!
What have you been able to give this month?  Please leave a comment and let us know.

And go on over to Tanya's blog the CVS SAVER and check out what others have given this month HERE

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Great job, i donated to a co-worker this month! She is getting a divorce and strapped for cash. I gave her a big bag of groceries and 2 bags of HBA items.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.