Friday, June 5, 2009

This That & the Other Thing

Today is yet another dreary rainy grey day in the Northeastern part of the USA.
After the winter we just had with not many 'Snow Events', we sorely need this rain! But combined with the low temps, this continuous rain pushed back our planting dates here. We were finally able to plant last weekend but this week's rain & cold is keeping my seeds from reaching out their tender shoots from beneath their snuggly dirt blanket.


The only things I have above ground are the transplanted tomato and pepper plants. They are looking a bit scraggly still but I hope to see them make strides toward vigorous health by the end of the month. We have 3 veggie beds planted and these are the only things growing so far.





My little Lemon Magnolia Tree bloomed about a month ago. It was early by our standards, due to a 2 weeklong heat wave here in early May. I never got the camera out in time to snap a photo of it in full bloom, darn it! Then the cold weather came back and we had frost one night. My poor little tree dropped it's flowers and most of it's leaves have shriveled up. It looks like heck now. *sigh* I hope it will recover...

The only thing in bloom now is the Collossal Rhodedendron. I keep hacking it back and it keeps taking over the side flower bed. It overgrew the little fir tree next to it to the point the fir tree's growth has been stunted on one side. It's the bully of the bed & I've been at war with it for years.lol



I've been trying to clean the house, as hubby's sister arrives early Sunday for a week long stay. Hubby's other 2 siblings and the kid's cousin will be here on Monday too for the Graduation Festivities. It's been difficult planning a family party, as the graduation is at 6pm & then there is something called a LOCK-IN from 10 pm to 8 am at the school for the Seniors. It's an all-night party to keep them off the roads/away from alcohol, so there are no Graduation night drinking/partying deaths on the roads. A great idea but the timing leaves me no time to have a family get-together. Well I could have it AFTER the graduation but the Guest of Honor-the Graduate won't be here.lol

I can't wait and do it on the weekend because all but 1 sibling will be gone, as they don't live in state, much less in town here. I'll be hosting a late lunch BEFORE the graduation exercise instead.

At any rate, I have to clean this pigsty up by Sunday am. Remember all that stuff I bought in April AND May from Price Chopper as part of those 2 Unilever Cat Promos?
Guess where all those items I bought are still sitting?
Go ahead.....I dare ya!

Yep.....covering my dining room table!LOL
We haven't had a reason to use the big honking table since Easter dinner, until NOW!
I just put off having to make room in the stockpiles for those things since it wasn't in anyone's way where it was.
Well, NOW it IS in the Way!!!lolol

If ya'll don't read from me by next Wednesday, send a Search & Rescue Party out to PA, k?




Here's a pic of the graduating Senior after the Awards Ceremony that the school held on Tuesday. He won an Academic Award(some ugly pewter plate with a name plaque-no Cash Monies dang it!lol) and got a Pin for Academic Honors(since he already won a Letter & Jacket for Athletics last year, they don't give duplicates of those for Academics even if the kid earns them, so he gets another pin). He then got a different pin at some ceremony during school on Wed. for something he didn't tell me what, and 2 pins for Wrestling. #1 son is gathering quite the collection of Bling before he leaves high school.lol They did the big class photo with everyone in their robes this morning, so he is officially D-O-N-E! except for 'the walking'! ;-))
Gee, it is usually ALOT MORE BORING around here! I can't stand all the excitement and forgive me for rambling on & on. I'll try to be more boring next time.
Ok....I'm off to vacuum & then move cereal and spaghetti sauce and peanut butter and shampoo and body wash and bandaids.........
Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I just knew you were going to say the dining room table! That is often where my stuff lands. and parks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome son of yours
    congrats

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.