Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Catch Up...K-Mart & SIL

So Sis-In-Law arrived in town last Sunday for a week long stay. 2 days to drive out here from eastern IL.
Guess what else arrived last Sunday?
Yup, KMart Super Doubles.....AGAIN!

Have I ever mentioned that SIL is a longtime, die-hard coupon hound?
Double Coupons AND a "Partner in Crime" this week to egg me on into a shopping frenzy.....
Oh, this is bad my friends, VERY Bad!!!

Did I mention that the previous week I only spent $1.79 on groceries for the whole week?
Remember my 'being good' because I am about to blow that low spending week out of the water!lolol

After 2 days driving across the country, SIL was tired. But not tired enough to NOT want to head down the mountain to KMart on Monday morning at the crack of dawn.

Here's what I got....

4x Edge Shaving Gel @ $1.99 ea.=$7.96
2x Quantum Dishwashing Detergent @BOGO $6.99=$6.99
2x Finish Dishwashing Detergent @BOGO $6.99=$6.99
3x MarroBones Dog Treats @ $2.99 ea.=$8.97
2x Bic Razors @ $5.69 ea.=$11.38
1x Bic Soleil @ $5.29
1x Bic Bella @ $5.99
1x Candy Bar(filler b/c the register said my total was under $50 but it wasn't!!)$1.25 **not pictured**

SUBTOTAL $54.75
TAX $2.14

Coupons Used
4x Edge Shaving Gel @ $1.00 doubled=$7.96
2x Quantum Dishwashing Detergent @ .75¢ doubled=$3.00
2x Finish Dishwashing Detergent @ .75¢ doubled=$3.00
3x MarroBones Dog Treats @ $1.00 doubled=$6.00
2x Bic Razors @ $2.00 doubled=$8.00
1x Bic Soleil @ $2.00 doubled=$4.00
1x Bic Bella @ $2.00 doubled=$4.00
$5 off $50 KMART Q=$5.00
COUPON TOTAL $40.96

$57.89-$40.96=$16.93OOP
Used 2 K-Mart Gift Cards(obtained from prescription transfers last month)so actual Out of Pocket was ZERO!

And it was a good thing I spent nothing because then we had to go to the Grocery Store for Pasta Salad veggies and a Teeny Tiny Graduation Cake and I spent $44!
And.....sit down for this part.....I didn't use a Single Coupon!!! I didn't have my binder with me and we were in a hurry to get home and get the food ready for the cook-out. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I can't remember the last time I went grocery shopping and didn't use any coupons. I am still in semi-shock over it. ;-)

More of the week's adventures to follow.....

Sluggy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.