Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meal Plan Monday...June 22nd & the Beginning of my CleanseFest


I am late again with my Meal Plan Monday, due to being out of town until late yesterday. This past weekend was taking #2 son to Camp & picking up daughter from her Staff Training Week at the same Camp. Daughter is hopeful that she'll be called back to work before Aug, when she is slated to work. People, for whatever reasons, don't show up to work their weeks every year, so she might get offered a few additional weeks. This would make us BOTH quite happy. ;-)

Since I have started my 2 Week Dietary Cleanse Program, my Meal Plan for the Week hardly IS a Meal Plan. (I'll be posting separately about the CleanseFest details.)

Daughter is doing this Cleanse Program with me, so 2 of the 3 family members here aren't eating(except for some fruit this week). That just leaves Hubby to plan Meals for.
Hubby is of Italian extraction so he says to just make him a big vat of pasta with sauce and he'll eat off of that all week. lol You just gotta love a LOW MAINTENANCE kind of guy!
I'll throw some meat on the grill for him every few days for a change of pace and that should make him happy.

Here's what our family of one will be eating this week...

Monday Stuffed Chicken Breast, Green Beans, Applesauce
Tuesday Spaghetti with Meatballs, Salad
Wednesday Kielbasa, Onions, Potato Salad
Thursday Spaghetti, Chicken Parmesan, Cauliflower/Carrot Mix
Friday Burrito, Corn, Rice
Saturday Rigatoni, Salad
Sunday Pork BBQ, a yet to be determined Veggie, Coleslaw

No recipes this week. Nothing here that needs or has a recipe. Just plain old food. It's a good menu for this week for me. Since I am not eating, I really don't want to be spending long hours in the kitchen preparing food. That might have a negative impact on my 'not eating' plan. The less I am around food, the less I will obsess over it, right?lol

Grocery List for this menu is some coleslaw mix or a small head of cabbage and some rolls for the bbq. Everything else is in house. This shopping list might run me $3-$4. There is a wonderful 2 week Catalina Promo over at ShopRite the next 2 weeks, so I'll be spending most of my grocery budget the next 2 weeks over there. ;-)

Of course, I am continuing in the "Clean out the Freezer Challenge" this week. The meatballs, burrito, bbq & kielbasa are all hidden treasures I found buried in the freezer that are single or very small portions, so this week is the perfect time to use them up on the 1 family member who is eating like normal people this week.

Food Waste Report.....lots of leftovers for the doggies, due to the week of family visiting and the extra food that was prepared and not eaten. I'll be stripping down the fridge this week and cleaning it out(more goodies for the doggies this week!) and then cleaning it up.

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.