Monday, June 1, 2009

STINKY Coupon Week-Lotsa PAGES, NO COUPONS

Ok, call me insane!
Go ahead!!
I dare ya!!!

I am a die-hard couponer.
That's pretty obvious....or as my daughter says, "That's obv."

But I have to say that I ONLY bought ONE Sunday Newspaper yesterday.

Yes, you heard correctly.

One.

Usually hubby goes out for the paper pretty early on Sunday. I glance through the coupon insert(s) later on in the morning and then decide, from what coupons I see in the paper, how many more newspapers I need to buy for the week.

I was so disappointed in the inserts this week, that I decided NOT to buy another paper.

I picked up the Smart Source insert first. Man, was it THICK! I thought, "Hey! This is going to be a good couponage week after all!"

Boy, was I mislead....

Our SS insert was 16 pages big! For around here, a 16 page insert is worth celebrating.....usually.

Not this week.

Guess how many actual coupons were in this insert?(Not counting the 2 coupons for the local grocery store's baked goods, which are really bad and I won't buy.)

I figure per page, the average coupon count(back & front counting as 1 page)is 4 coupons per page. Low is 2 per page, high for this area is 6 per page.

There were a TOTAL of NINETEEN(19) COUPONS in this week's SS Coupon Insert!

16 pages.

19 coupons.

Pitiful, huh?

So I picked up the Red Plum Insert. The page count was 10 pages. There were 10 Coupons(plus a $5/1 for some fake hearing aid/amplifier thing you could use at Walgreen's, but I don't count that as a 'real usable coupon'.) No food coupons in this insert either(except for the cat/dog food).

Yep, this week the Smart Source Insert is known as SHORT SOURCE and the Red Plum is known as REAL BUM around here.

Did you get any good Coupons in your inserts? Go ahead and tell me about them and I'll try not to get jealous!lol

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree - those so-called "coupon" inserts are really deceiving when they have everything but coupons in them! Disappointing...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.