Friday, March 13, 2020

Frugal Friday.....the March 13th Edition

Oh Goody!
Friday the 13th so let's recount this past week's frugal wins to scare off the evil spirits(and the online trolls that seem to be virulent lately) ;-)

Here's a photo I snapped yesterday of the paper goods aisle at my local Weis(PMITA)Markets.............
Just a few rolls of paper towels and down at the end some facial tissue.  I can't believe there was facial tissue left since it's just like TP just a little more expensive.

Onward to the frugalness..........

*  I got the Weis Friday Freebie last Friday.........

A box of Weis brand Hamburger Helper.
We don't care for this but the food bank likes to get it so off it goes in my next load to them.

* Hubs and I used a gift certificate won at the Church auction last Fall for a new BBQ joint in town for dinner on Tuesday.  We split a beef brisket dinner and after applying the gift cert. it cost us $3.18 OOP for dinner.

*  I found money!


A penny next to my favorite self-check out machine at Weis on Friday.


I did a load of laundry and found all this in the washer afterwards.  Sluggy's house rule, "I do the laundry and I keep the change you leave in your pockets", makes me .37¢ richer. tee hee


My trip to Rite-Aid garnered me .12¢ on Tuesday.  Each coin was found at different locations in the store.

On Thursday I found a nickel by the ATM at Rite-Aid when I went to pick up an Rx..........


Don't know why there since ATMs only give bills back, not change. lol

Then at Weis(PMITA)Markets later that day I found this..........



a dime right near the door where you walk in, under a display of Wonderful Pistachios.

It was a great week for finding change here!

Total Found Money this week...... .65¢
Total Money for the Year so far....$43.81

*  I earned $12.45 total in Ibotta rebates this week.

*  The deals I got at Rite-Aid.......




Total spent in Bonus Cash $16.33
Total earned back in BC $26.50 and in Ibotta Rebates $2.00 back as well.



My Weis deals above cost $24.44 OOP
I earned back $3.70 in Ibotta rebates on all this.

*  Hubs and I went to Bob Evans for lunch on Wednesday, the last day the $X off Q I had was good before expiring.  I got my usual big salad but this time Hubs, true to form did NOT get a salad too.  He opted for a meatloaf dinner this time.


That's about it for me this week.


What frugal wins did ya'll have?

Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. As I was curb shopping, I found a quarter. Strawberries were 3 quarts for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good week! I was doing okay until I was lulled into a panic mode shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that...mass hysteria is very catching. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Since we make toilet paper here I am not worrying about that. I did find a penny leaving Winco the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do attract a lot of change. I am going to have to keep my eyes open. Kim N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florida trip is non refundable so I’m taking my chances and leaving tomorrow! We’re driving and staying in a condo so it seems pretty low risk. Condo owner only provides one roll of tp so I’m bringing some from home.

    I can work remotely until April 6 and have everything prepared just in case. All the students will be returning from spring break so I may actually be better off not in a college town.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a nice road trip! Take lots of wipes and tp and stop along the way and load up your car with more! lolz
      By April 6th the college may be shut down on campus by then. Lots of schools are doing so. PA governor just shut all PA public schools down until April here.

      Delete
  6. Thanks! I have a giant pile of stuff loaded and ready to go. And I’ll keep an eye out for coins since there are none to be found here.

    Pretty sure it’s going to be crazy here once the hordes return. But Daryl and the kitties would love to have me at their beck and call all day. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness. People are going crazy at the stores. My Sams looked way worse than that. Makes me thankful that we stockpile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our schools are closing next week until April 5, which means our public library will also be closing since they said they follow whatever the school system does. So I will be heading there in the morning to stockpile books. To heck with the toilet paper...I need books.
    Susan R

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.