Friday, March 6, 2020

Frugal Friday......The March 6th Edition

Let's see what frugal goodness took place around here this past week..................

* I got the Weis(PMITA)Markets freebie last Friday.........


A can of OJ concentrate.

*  I earned $2.10 in Ibotta rebates.


Rah! 8-)
I also earned $1 on SavingStar last week.  I picked up a package of Magnum ice cream bars on clearance for $2.24 so after that rebate they cost me $1.24.
Rah Rah! lolz

*  I almost forgot so this is an Update.......
I got a $10 store coupon from Kohl's so I went Monday while my 30% discount coupon was still valid to see what I could find on clearance for free/cheap.  I found 3 items to put away for Christmas gifts for Ex-College Boy so I can't show them here.  Total came to  $1.40 OOP.
Nice. 8-)

*  I found some good deals at Weis last week.
First some clearance items.........

.62¢ a box whole grain spaghetti on clearance.


Lots of cellophane tape and better than free Vitamin E sticks after rebate at R-A.....


.63¢ spent on a free R-A gift card for Kleenex and Betadine spray plus sample freebies too.

I hit the Dollar General Clearance event last Saturday(plus was able to use a $6/wys $25 Q)..........

 I paid $11.37 OOP

And of the items I'll keep for our use it was $5.79 out of my grocery budget. ;-)

Other shopping deals from this past week can be seen HERE and HERE if interested.


*  I found money!


This .22¢ was found all in one go at Rite-Aid under the candy rack at the register last Friday.  One of the dimes I saw first, glinting at me in the sun, and then when I went back up front I saw there was more under there so I snagged the other dime and the two pennies. ;-)


I found another penny on the floor at R-A on Saturday.



I found this worse for the wear penny outside Dollar General on Saturday.


And this shiny fella was spied under a rack at the Rite-Aid downtown on Tuesday.

Total Found Money this Week....  .25¢
Total Found Money for the Year so far....$43.16


*  Hubs and I went out to lunch on Wednesday to Outback.  We used a gift card Hubs had to no $$ spent OOP(other than the tip which Hubs took out of his WAM).

That's about it from Chez Sluggy for the week.


Did you have any frugal wins this past week?
Tell us all about them!


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. When I used to pay inside for gas, I found money all the time in the candy rack in front of the register.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candy racks are PRIME change finding spots though sometimes your eyes get tired because of all the bright colors on the packages. lolz

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good frugal week with lots of found money, Sluggy. It's so great that you are already finding gifts to put away for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda, I already have a Rubbermaid tub FILLED with gifts for Xmas going into March! I hit the after Xmas clearances hard this year. lolz

      Delete
  3. I'm curious...how does a 2 person household use all this "stuff you get cheap/free"? Would you have more $ in your pocket if you only bought what you needed for the year? And the time you spend to get it all.

    Trying to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Elle. It's a 3 person household not 2(for now)btw. I do giveaways and donate to the local food bank at least 4 times a year(some years more depending on the deals). I also give to extended family(brother in-law and the nephew here in town, my eldest son in VA, my brother and his wife in VA too. And if I visit someone while traveling I bring stuff to them if they want something.
      In 2019 we spent just under $4K on food, toiletries, HBA, paper goods, OTC meds, dog food/treats and we were a household of 4(until May)then a household of 3 the last 7 months of the year so I think we do fairly well with the system I have going now.
      I enjoy shopping/hunting for bargains on food and it's entertainment to me to see how little I can spend and still get good quality food(mostly)and then see how far I can spread the "wealth".
      We aren't "hurting" for money but if we were I would tighten up the spending and cut out picking up a lot of the deals I find that I share.

      I hope that helps.

      Delete
  4. I did find .11 cents in Twin Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My phone is being weird so I may or may not have posted a reply about boring boxes above.

    Scott tp was the only really good deal this week - $3.49 for a 12 pack. But of course people are suddenly stockpiling and the entire section was empty. Not a single roll of anything left. Luckily I have my usual cheap Aldi tp. We do have tp for our bungholes!! (Best Beavis & Butt-Head episode ever for anyone not familiar.)

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.