Friday, March 20, 2020

Frugal Friday......the March 20th Edition


Well staying home more means less frugality of the "out and about" variety but staying home lends itself to another type of frugality.  It's hard to spend money(except online)if you stay home, right?

This virus is forcing a level of frugalness on us all which can't be a bad thing. ;-)

* I got the Freebie at Weis(PMITA)Markets last Friday............

A bag of frozen French fries.  I nabbed this photo from online since I don't feel like digging my bag out of the chest freezer. lolz
I just got word that Friday Freebies are suspended until further notice.....Weis has instituted "Marshall Law" of sorts as they try to keep the store shelves stocked.  No doubling coupons, no returns and strict limits on items.
Madness I say, Madness!! ;-)

* I found money!


A dime and a penny both found at Weis on Friday.  The dime was over by an end cap near the laundry detergent aisle and the penny by my favorite self-checkout.


These 2 dimes and 1 penny were found at Rite-Aid on Sunday......one dime by the register up front, a penny down an aisle and then another dime under the candy rack up front by the register when I was leaving the store.


After Rite-Aid I went to Weis(PMITA)Markets and it was more crowded than I have ever seen it.
Panic buying must mean more folks not paying attention to their change because I found 4 pennies at various places in the store--1 by the CS desk, 2 by the self-checkouts and 1 penny at the end of the regular checkouts on the way out of the store.


Then on Wednesday I found this dime at Rite-Aid when I went to pick up an Rx.  It was standing on it's end under the shelf where the weekly ads are kept, beckoning to me.

Please note-since last week I've kept an antibacterial wipe in my pocket and I use that to pick up any found change.  All change gets a thorough washing/scrubbing with soap and water once I get it home.  No point in not taking precautions.  ;-)

Found Money This Week...... .46¢
Found Money This Year so far....$44.27



*  I earned $1.00 on SavingStar and $11.10 on Ibotta in the last week.

*  This finally arrived last week too............


My P and G $15 debit card from the December Rebate Period.
yay me.
I am still waiting on my February Rite-Aid $20 Debit Card.

*  Gas has dropped here dramatically.  The best deal since I have a Sunoco card was there.  It's $2.25 but I get a .05¢ discount so $2.20 per gallon.  That's better than the Turkey Hill($2.23)and Weis($2.21 if I didn't use my Weis points there).  Gas was $2.69 at Sunoco just 2 weeks ago so I am loving this .49¢ per gallon discount.

*  I got some deals since last Friday which I blogged about already............
At Weis--

Various transactions at Rite-Aid--







*  There was no lunch out this week and everyone should know why. All restaurants are closed here except for a few that are doing take-out.  One of our two Chinese take-out places has also closed.  If you can afford to buy a gift certificate or get take-out from your local restaurants please support them.  They are hurting for business right now.  ;-)

*  I had to go to Weis on Wednesday but I spent as little time there as possible(along with my Lysol wipes.....the cart wipes thingy at the entrance was empty so I am glad I had wipes on me!).

This was the beer/wine cafe area by the ready to eat foods and salad bar......all the tables and chairs were gone so no one could eat there.


My asparagus rang up $3.99 lb. instead of the ad/posted price of .99¢ lb.  So I did have to walk back through the store and take a photo of the sign to get my money back.  I did hesitate because of this health stuff but the frugal force was stronger(and I didn't encounter any people on this walk through the produce section).  If it had only been a few cents I might have let it go but it was $3.13!



*  I got a temp. Census Bureau job but they have suspended operations until April 1st so we'll see then how this plays out. It pays $17 hr. + .57¢ mileage here so not bad. The door-to-door enumerator jobs may go away totally or just get pushed back into this Summer thought or whenever the pandemic ends.  If they want someone to schlep around in the Summer heat, I am not that gal. lolz

*  And finally I am sooo glad I don't live in a tiny house at this point in time.  If so, I would be in prison for murdering either Hubs and/or Ex-College Box.
I thought I had misplaced my last nerve but Wait!.....they found it!!! 8-P

That's it for this week.

And a reminder.............


Any frugal wins in your life this past week?


Sluggy




8 comments:

  1. I carry a canister of Lysol Wipes with me. I have a cc in my pocket and the wipes, and I wear a mask. I thought I found a dirty penny outdoors in some gunk, but it was a piece of dirty chewing gum.

    I actually found two cannisters of Lysol wipes at Publix on bogo sale. Plus, I had one put away from last year. THEN, I bought another before they disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much the same here. I am not going out unless I absolutely have to. Trying to keep Mom, Hubby and I safe. My friend just texted me that she may have been exposed at work - at a Rec centre before they closed a few days ago. She is currently stress gardening. I am stress cleaning. My house is always fairly tidy but not really super clean, now it is pretty damn clean. Fortunately it is warm enough here to start digging things out in the yard...but can't buy flowers as all greenhouses shut so am just digging out weeds. The flyers came in yesterday and I threw them out without looking as it was torture and would just encourage me to want to go to the grocery store which I am avoiding until necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lysoling everything in sight. It is hard to spend money when you stay home like you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far I have not killed Hubs but I don't live in a tiny house either. So wish you were here we could have such laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can only get/find/buy the more expensive things. For example all the M&C is out - but for the organic fancy type. There is heaps of that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am only spending money at the grocery store, but I have enough food in the freezer for more than. couple of months, so I need to stop. I have started cooking extra for Mom's meals now but she eats so little it is not even making a dent in the food I have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, I am so glad we have not downsize yet. We could easily kill each other if we had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a few sales at Publix but almost everything was way more expensive than my usual Kroger.

    No found change all week until the last gas station stop this morning. There was a quarter right outside my car door. I picked it up and then used a generous amount of hand sanitizer.

    Glad you’re enjoying the dog butts! They also make cat butt magnets for the cat people. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.