Monday, March 16, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "The Dog's Revenge" Edition................

We've had both of our dogs fixed lately and had to put up with a lot of "cone of shame" time here.
I had to laugh when I saw this on FB.
Do you know how hard it is NOT to touch your face when told not to? lolz

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Pork Teriyaki, Stir-Fry Veggies(Rice for some)
2. Monday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke in Tomatoes, Rice
3. Tuesday--BBQ take-out(I have a gift cert.)
4. Wednesday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits or Cornbread
5. Thursday--Salmon, Roasted Carrots, Mac and Cheese
6. Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers of Fend For Yourself

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Pork Teriyaki, Stir-Fry Veggies(Rice for some)
2. Monday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke in Tomatoes, Rice
3. Tuesday--BBQ take-out(I have a gift cert.)
4. Wednesday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits or Cornbread
5. Thursday--Chicken Tenders, Broccoli, Mac and Cheese
6. Friday--Leftovers/Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  We ate lunch out on Wednesday.
The salmon and pizza didn't happen since we had so many leftovers from cooking earlier in the week so those move to this week.  I subbed Chicken Tenders one night as I wanted to use those up and free up some freezer real estate. lolz

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 chicken cutlet packs
* 2 chicken boneless thighs packs

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* Chicken thighs
* Pork Loin
* Chicken Tenders
* Broccoli

3 trips to Weis(PMITA)Markets this past week in the amount of $125.34 brings my March Grand Total spending on food so far to $224.19.  I didn't realize I spent so much last week and all of it at Weis.  For someone who only "needed" a cucumber last week(and milk)I sure found lots to spend $$ on anyway. lolz  Though none of it was panic buying, just my normal "found some deals too good to pass up" stuff. No tp, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.....though I did buy some peroxide on a good sale which I use in the washer.
No worries as we are about on target for a $400 spend month.
I've earned $28.95 in Ibotta rebates too in March so far.

My savings percentage last week was 49.63%(without Rite-Aid trips)and March's monthly savings total comes in at 56.01%(w/out R-A).  

I have 15 more food shopping/spending days in March.

Leftovers going into this week.....1 small helping of Asparagus, 1 helping of Pork Teriyaki Stir-Fry and Rice, 1 bowl of Clam Chowder(and a few Biscuits), 1-2 helpings of Lemon Pepper Chicken, Zuke and Rice, 1/3 of a pan of the Mac and Cheese and a small helping of Broccoli.
Mostly Hubs can polish all the leftovers off for lunches(except what's designated for dinners this week).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Salmon, leftover Mac and Cheese, Green Beans
2. Monday--Hamburgers or Cheeseburgers on Rolls, leftover assorted Veggies or Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice or Noodles, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Hot Dogs and homemade Beans, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--I might make Chili for the guys or Tacos or ?

What needs buying for this menu?  I need mushrooms from Aldi for the Stroganoff but that's about it.  If I can't get them then the menu will change.
I'd like to get some ice cream midweek at Weis(Mix and Match Deal + Qs)but that's all that is on my list.  With the craziness at Weis I don't think I'll be finding any discount sticker meats this week but it's not a "need" because we can eat from the freezer(and will).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. That meme is ON POINT! My eyes water so much that I'm constantly wiping them... I guess I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cartoon! And yes my face will not itch at all until I am out and about, and then. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I constantly touch my face, it is crazy. I have thought about taping butter knives to my elbows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed one of those today. Between allergies and whatever, I touch my eyes and mouth all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.