Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Rite-Aid Sunday & Monday Trips + My New Temp Job....Maybe

I made a trip to Rite-Aid on Sunday to get some cereal and other things.

Select varieties of cereal were $1.88 a box on a 3-Day Sale(Sun. to Tues.)this week at R-A.
I also had 3 x $1/1 Kellogg's Qs(paid for with points in my Kellogg's Family Rewards account)and  a $1/2 Kellogg's cereal IPQ so I bought this...........


3 x Rice Krispies strawberry flavor $1.88 each=$5.64
2 x Frosted Mini-Wheats(1 original/1 strawberry)$1.88 each=$3.76
SubTotal........$9.40

Now I used those $4 in Qs I mentioned above plus see those yellow $1 R-A instant coupons on the 3 boxes of strawberry Rice Krispies?
Yep I got $7 total off so 5 boxes of cereal cost me $2.40.

And then my card had this Bonus Cash Challenge.........

So I will earn $2.50 in new BC in April for spending $9 on Kellogg's cereals so now I've been paid .10¢ to take these boxes home.

AND.......I will received $2.65 in cash rebates on Ibotta as well(2 x .35¢ Mini-Wheats/3 x .65¢ Rice Krispies)so now I've made $2.75 between BC and cash for buying these 5 cereals.

Some will go to the food bank in the next couple of weeks(depending on which ones Ex-CB wants to keep for his consumption). 8-)))

Then I bought this lot on son's card.

Note-I am trying to finish 2 Bonus Cash Challenges on his card-the 6 $15 visits to earn $7 BC and the Cover Girl one(Spend $16/Get $4 BC where I am at $11.83 spent).


1 x CoverGirl concealer 20% wellness discount=$5.99
4 x R/S chocolate Easter eggs on sale 2/$1=$2.00
1 x Reese's pb cups on sale=.58¢
2 x Rimmel mascara 2 packs on sale BOGO50%=$7.03
SubTotal.......$15.60

Coupons Used
1 x $3/1 CoverGirl any face item IPQ=$3.00
1 x B4G1Free R/S Easter eggs ManuQ=.50¢
2 x $2/1 Rimmel eye product IPQ=$4.00
Coupon Total.....$7.50

$15.60-$7.50=$8.10+.36¢ tax=$8.46 paid with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $3 in new BC now($1 R/S eggs wyb2, $2 Rimmel wyb2 items)so I spent down $5.46 in BC.
I will get $9.75 in more BC in April($7 for 6 $15+ visits, $2.75 more in CoverGirl spending)for this transaction so that takes my transaction to a $4.29 moneymaker.
AND add in that I will get a .25¢ cash rebate on Ibotta for buying the Reese's pb cup pack.

Then I had to pick up an Rx on Monday so I finished off some more deals while I was there..........


1 x Tide detergent on sale=$4.94
1 x Edge shave cream 2.75 oz can 20% wellness discount=$1.99
I used a $2/1 Tide L2CQ and paid $4.93+30¢ tax=$5.23 OOP with Bonus Cash for both items.
I'll get back, next month, another $1.75 in BC for buying the shave cream and finishing the Gillette/Venus Deal and $1.50 more BC for buying the Tide and finishing off that Deal, so $5.23 spent in BC and $3.25 earned back.

Then I did this straightforward deal, stacking In-ad Qs with ManuQs........


2 x Lady Speed Stick deodorant on sale=$4.00
1 x Irish Spring body wash on sale=$3.99
2 x Speed Stick deodorant on sale=$4.00
1 x Colgate toothpaste 20% wellness better than sale price=$4.39
1 x 2 pack Colgate toothbrushes on sale=$4.99
2 x R/S Easter eggs on sale=$1.00
SubTotal......$22.37

Coupons Used
1 x $1/2 Lady Speed Stick ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Irish Spring body wash ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $2/1 Irish Spring body wash In-adQ=$2.00
1 x $1/2 Speed Stick dodorant ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate toothpaste ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate toothpaste In-adQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate 2 pack toothbrushes ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate toothbrush(es) In-adQ=$2.00
Coupon Total.......$13.00

$22.37-$13.00=$9.37+.32¢ tax=$9.69 paid with Bonus Cash.
I earned $7 back in new BC(2 x $3 wys $10 Colgate/Speed Stick/Irish Spring, $1 Russell Stover)so I spent down the BC by $2.69 on this transaction.


Recap of the last two days of R-A Deals--
Total Spent in BC.....$55.28(with tax)
Total Coupons Used....$29.50
Total Spent in BC after Qs...$25.78(with tax)
Total Earned in new BC....$25.50
Total Ibotta Cash Earned...$2.90
Total Overage w/BC and Ibotta...$2.62

Nice.

Things have gotten "real" here since Monday with non-essential businesses shutting down(including Ex-CB's store)and the report of the first case of the virus in our county.  For now I'll be self-quarantining and if we need anything Hubs will be going out since he is at a lower risk of catching this thing.  I am immune-suppressed and on a Biologic but he's just old. ;-)
They also closed our state run liquor stores here as of tonight....the ONE state agency we really NEED right now! LOL


And last night I got a phone call from the Census folks.  I had applied for a job with the Census this year and I've been accepted.  Now I'm not so sure I want/can do this job since it involves going door to door and interacting with people. 
I will go forward with the process though and hope they push back when they send workers out to count.  The Census door-to-door counting was suppose to begin Mid-May and finish by July for those who didn't complete their form online.  You would think that they'd delay this phase of the process what with a pandemic going on, right?  We shall see.......

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. We have sent back our census forms and what ever will we do without a liquor store!!!!! Kay just called me and said she was talking to her sofa, and she thought it might be talking back. I told her to put down the bottle NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have stocked up on liquor in case that happens. Jeez, if people have to stay home make liquor stores essential services!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, he can bring it back to you if he catches it. You can catch it from handling items from the store if it has been handled by a sick person. I wear a mask into stores, gloves, and have my own Lysol wipes with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Census "field operations" have been cancelled because of the virus. I couldn't open this, but maybe you'll have better luck.
    https://t1.news.mcclatchydc.com/r/?id=ha535a1a,8c1bf74,8c1bf7a&ac_cid=DM155350&ac_bid=173234714

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.