Monday, March 2, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table


The "Well That Was Weird" Edition................
Remember all that baby food I bought at Weis(PMITA)Markets last week?
The Gerber stuff(6 blue packages on the right and 4 glass jars w/green lids in the middle)was bought on Feb. 26th.
On Friday, Feb. 28th, when I went to get the Weis freebie item(a can of OJ concentrate)this printed out on the Catalina machine.........
$1 Cat for buying Gerber products.  A TWO DAY lag between purchase and getting a Catalina for that purchase? lol  I've never had that happen before(Catalinas are suppose to print out with the purchase!).  Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Not that I'm complaining....I'll gladly take $1 in free stuff but it was just strange.

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Stuffed Jumbo Shells, Salad
2. Monday--Ex-CB birthday meal out
3. Tuesday--Chinese dinners(from freezer)
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, Salad
6. Friday--Pork Teriyaki Stir Fry(and rice for some)
7. Saturday--Leftovers of FFY

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Stuffed Jumbo Shells, Salad
2. Monday--Ex-CB birthday meal out
3. Tuesday--Leftovers(I had soup)
4. Wednesday--Chinese dinners(from freezer)
5. Thursday--Leftovers(I had leftover Chinese and soup)
6. Friday--Leftovers again(I had Tuna Salad w/Crackers for Lunch, Jello for Dinner)
7. Saturday--Cheese Steak Sammies, Salad

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY or TV dinners, and 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out.
The Chicken Parm and Pork Teriyaki didn't happen, leaving the only planned meal that did happen being the Stuffed Shells and the frozen Chinese dinners.  Both of those meals move to this week.  I got a package of thin cut steaks on instant discount last week so we had Cheese Steak sammies as a meal instead for one of those that didn't happen.  We also had lots of leftovers for Hubs on those nights I didn't feel like eating/cooking so it's all good.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 dozen meatballs
* a whole roaster chicken

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 2 boxes of Chinese meals
* 1 box of Fried Rice

1 trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets this past week in the amount of $38.31 brings my February Grand Total spending on food to $406.39.
I've earned $93.54 in Ibotta rebates too in February.

My savings percentage last week was 50.69%(without Rite-Aid trips)and February's monthly savings total comes in at 49.43%(w/out R-A).  

I have 29 more food shopping/spending days in March.

Leftovers going into this week.....2 Pork Chops and some Stuffed Shells.  Not much left from last week but then again I only cooked 3 nights.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Take-Out Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parmesan, Garlic Bread, Veg
3. Tuesday--Pork Teriyaki, Stir-Fry Veggies
4. Wednesday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits or Cornbread
5. Thursday--Breakfast for Dinner
6. Friday--Salmon, Roasted Carrots, Mac and Cheese
7. Saturday--Leftovers of Fend For Yourself

What needs buying for this menu?
Nothing that I can see.  The Pork Loin, Salmon, Chicken Cutlets and frozen veggies are in the freezer already and the other items needed are in the pantry/fridge.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

13 comments:

  1. Do you just donate the baby food right off? I was curious when I saw that and didn't ask before. With the college kid home, I'm making some of their favorites-curry, spaghetti, ravioli, ribs and baby potatoes. We also plan on taking her out for fish-she loves a good fish fry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good fish fry too....especially if it's walleye. nomnomnom

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good price for strawberries at this time of year especially!

      Delete
  3. We are getting back on track with family dinners. So far, I have had enough in the freezer and pantry to cover my dinners. There was a week of everyone fend for yourself. Who knows what everyone ate? As sick as I was, I didn't care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way when I was sick earlier in Feb....who cares what everyone ate?! lol They are grown ups, let them figure out what to shove in their pie holes. lolz

      Delete
  4. We are doing artichoke chicken, shrimp tacos, tilapia, hamburgers, pork chops, and breakfast for dinner one night.

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on Breakfast for dinner one night and I don't think I've ever had a shrimp taco before come to think of it.

      Delete
  5. I’m calling this one an easy week. Made a never ending bowl of pasta salad yesterday that should last all week. Lentil soup from the freezer is thawing and I’ll make several flat bread pizzas. Also have a giant bowl of tofu egg salad and spinach tortillas for breakfast.

    End of the week will be make a sandwich night if we run out of stuff.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to share your pasta salad recipe sometime.
      I'll pass on the tofu egg salad tho. ;-)

      Delete
    2. It’s pretty simple. Chop a red bell pepper, half a red onion, English cucumber, can of artichokes, bunch of green onions. Marinate that stuff in about a half a bottle of Italian dressing. Add the cooked pasta about an hour later and stir in a few spoonfuls of Veganaise (or mayonnaise).

      This one also included sautéed tofu cubes but sometimes I add black beans or chickpeas. Tofu is really good if prepared correctly! 😁

      Jen G.

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed you are saving the baby food for a potential grand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, no babies on the horizon here. I got it for the food bank.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.