Sunday, March 15, 2020

Stuff Lately

Just some random stuff going on to talk about today......


* We finally were able to ditch our landline phone bill(and the separate long distance access bill too).
We changed cell phone providers since ours had a black hole of no service here(so weird).  We got the first bill(ACK!)but there's start-up costs on that one.  The first "real" bill, this month, came in at $76.02.  It will vary slightly every month because(I don't know if this is just a state thing in PA or nationwide)but the cell company can change certain taxes and fees monthly.  It's such a racket though.

So far we are VERY pleased since the old carrier(that was a black hole of no service in our town)was $20 MORE a month for the same crappier service, plus we were paying for a landline(approx. $26 per mo.)and long distance service for that landline(approx. $9-$10 per mo.)too.  That added up to $132 every freaking month!!  So we are paying a little more than HALF that now.  8-)))))))

The best part about all this is no telemarketers ringing the landline all freaking day long annoying me.  I keep looking at the place in the kitchen where the phone was, looking for the blinking light on the answering machine which is no longer there.

*  I found something I liked.........

Got this on clearance last Fall.  It's a pecan pie granola and it's lovely in Greek yogurt.
Unfortunately I can't find it any longer as it is seasonal. *sad face*

* I get folks emailing me every now and again to ask if I want them to write guest posts for my blog or if they can put a link(advertise something they are selling)on my blog.  Some times these requests make no sense.
Recently someone wanted to hook up with me because of a blog post they saw that I wrote.  Her email title was, "Love your article about baby care!(And a proposal)"
This person/entity has a site that sells baby/child stuff and they wanted me to add their link to that "baby care" article I wrote and they would share that post with their social media followers to get me exposure and help my blog, of course. They also wrote an article about crying babies that they thought my visitors might appreciate and it would add value to my "amazing article"(their words not mine).
Yeah.
The blog post of mine they decided that I would be a good fit with them is one from Aug. of 2009(2009!)I wrote about how to score Johnson & Johnson baby products cheaply at Rite-Aid that particular week.
LOLZ


*  The Anonymous trolls seem to be out in force the last few weeks.  They just don't get that I delete ALL anonymous comments that no one is willing to sign their name to.
Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?  Not post their verbal diarrhea, that's what!
Too bad my trolls aren't this adorable..... ;-)

* Another recent head scratching email I got was from an Ancestry dotcom member....someone I have no clue who it is.
Here's the entire message they wrote to me........"Who is this?"

W.T.F!
It's mind numbing sometimes how many people out there are left walking around unsupervised in life who shouldn't be.



* If you requested a copy of that book I read in January that I offered, it might be awhile before I get around to mailing them out.  I've got to find appropriate packaging materials to send them media mail because I am not paying for Priority rates on those and I am not paying for boxes either.  I'm a nice person but I'm frugal and I'm not THAT nice! ;-)

*  After Thursday's trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets and taking this photo of the paper goods aisle.........


I actually went back on Friday(well I had to get the freebie and a couple of one day only specials).  I peeked down that aisle and they had a bit of tp this time as the truck had come in and they had restocked the shelves.  The store here was nuts with panicky folks with overflowing carts of stuff.  I have been calling our Weis the "Zombie Apocalypse" store.
And they were buying the weirdest combinations of stuff in the carts I looked at.
One couple had 6 huge bags of potato chips, 8 gallon jugs of water, 6 12-packs of Diet Coke(and no, it wasn't Kim hehehe)and 8 jars of Heinz gravy.  ???  I almost asked them "why so much gravy?", because I have no filter. lolz

But the "Zombie Apocalypse" Weis was nothing compared to the Weis in the town West of here I went to which will now be known as the "Armageddon Weis". 
First there were no shopping carts.  You had to follow someone out of the store, wait for them to unload their cart so you could take it into the store.

Not only was the paper goods aisle totally empty but the cleaning products aisle, the dairy/eggs case, people were hovering at the meat case(I think they were waiting for Corned Beef Briskets to be put out?) and even the self check-outs had lines 5 deep of folks waiting to pay(pus all the reg check-outs had even longer lines).  (Note-almost EVERYBODY in this area refuses to use self check-outs unless forced.  We have high percentage of elderly here who are set in their ways/won't change and/or believe that if they use a self check-out even once, folks will lose their jobs in that store.)

As I was walking back too my car I passed a woman unloading her groceries into her trunk.  I stopped and said, "That was so insane in there I think we all need to take a trip next door to the liquor store to recover."  She agreed and we both had a good laugh over it. ;-)

I tried to keep things light by handing out coupons from my pouch if  I saw someone had something in their cart to buy that I had a coupon for while I was in line.

*  And last month's Giveaway winner had Amazon send me a nice surprise gift........


A pack of dog butt fridge magnets. lololz
Now that I have them I don't know how I ever got along without them!
Nobody ever sends me anything...really.  Maybe it's because I'm such a despicable person like the trolls keep telling me. 8-P

So THANK YOU Jen/Dave, I AM enjoying some dog butts! *snort*

Ok, back to wiping stuff down(Ex-CB still has to go to work and he might bring germs home with him to us....musician types aren't known for being very tidy now are they?).

What's everyone else up to this weekend?


Sluggy

16 comments:

  1. I made the executive decision to not go to church. And, I got a garden in. I will post that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get calls and much garbage in the inbox when they realize you are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pick up my cell phone unless I know the number/caller. Everything goes to voice mail otherwise and the telemarketers get deleted.

      Delete
  3. I went to Target today, and it was insane. I am working on homework!! And cleaning house. Wiping out germs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I get the Diet Coke since that is more important than toilet paper in my house, but the gravy?????????? First thing my DARLING daughter said when I told her I could find toilet paper was "guess you better stock up on leaves".....hilarious, isn't she ::rolling eyes:: lol

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad there don't publish a Sears catalog anymore....we could all use one or three right now. hehehe

      Delete
  5. Pop my grocery store started the Armageddon on Thursday Friday Saturday started to calm down a bit and today was steady,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your liquor store pain...our stores haven't closed yet in my county.

      Delete
  6. I kept watching what people were buying. Evidently in Alabama in case of emergencies one needs an abundance of canned chili?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope for their sakes they have tp at home....lolz

      Delete
  7. Biscuits and gravy are comfort foods-maybe that's the connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they had no biscuits(in the can)and anybody who has to buy gravy would surely not make the biscuits from scratch. lol
      And up here in Yankee Land biscuits and gravy isn't a "thing" and it was not sausage gravy but brown gravy...more the type you'd use in poutine but there were no french fries in their cart. lolz

      Delete
  8. Gravy? Don't think there will be a run on that. I saw a family ring through $850 worth of groceries at Costco and it was mostly junk, almost no real food. Get locked inside for 14 days and see how that works. I've bought treats too but that is not the bulk of what we have, just the bonus parts. I am looking like a genius for buying 40 lbs of rice in January but that is the size of bag I normally buy and it lasts about a year and a half to 2 years as we eat it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to keep checking your local news for reports of murder/suicide if they have nothing but junk and locked in for 2 weeks. oy!
      I regularly stockpile tp, buying it a bit at a time when I find it on a good sale. Last Fall Weis was clearancing all their Charmin packages(something I NEVER buy normally as it is too expensive!)plus I had a few Qs so I stocked up with quite a few packs of that too. Ex-CB can go through a large amount of tp so I try to stay ahead of his needs. I am steering clear of the tp aisles now, thankful I don't need any.
      Stockpilers Unite! lolz

      e

      Delete
  9. I am always glad to read of your whereabouts.
    You gave me a needed smiles < black hole of no service!
    a good metaphor indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just happy I finally talked Hubs into dropping the landline and getting a better cell service.
      Seriously we looked on the old providers service map and their black hole of service is right over our house. I can walk into my neighbors yard and get a signal. wtf? lol

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.