Monday, March 9, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table


The "WTF!?" Edition................

At the hibachi restaurant we took Ex-CB to for his birthday the end of February, the chef wheels out a little cart with all his equipment on it, including bottles of oils, sauces, sake and water. The bottle of water had this little baby sitting on a toilet topper so that when he squirts the water, it looks like the baby is peeing on the grill.
At least this topper wasn't on the bottle of sake he squirts into your mouth if you want a drink. lolz

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Take-Out Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parmesan, Garlic Bread, Veg
3. Tuesday--Pork Teriyaki, Stir-Fry Veggies
4. Wednesday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits or Cornbread
5. Thursday--Breakfast for Dinner
6. Friday--Salmon, Roasted Carrots, Mac and Cheese
7. Saturday--Leftovers of Fend For Yourself

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Take-Out Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parmesan, Mac and Cheese, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself(We went out to lunch)
5. Thursday--Breakfast for Dinner
6. Friday--Haddock, leftover Mac and Cheese, leftover Bloomin' Onion
7. Saturday--Strip Steak, Baked Potato, Asparagus

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  We ate lunch out on Wednesday.
Pork Teriyaki, Salmon and Chowder didn't happen as I bought some grass fed steaks and fresh haddock on Friday, so those two meals move to this week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 lb. Shrimp
* 2 lb. Bacon
* 2 containers of Ice Cream

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* Chicken Cutlets

Lots of trips to Weis(PMITA)Markets, Malacari's, and P and R this past week in the amount of $98.85 brings my March Grand Total spending on food to $98.85
I've earned $7.90 in Ibotta rebates too in March so far.

My savings percentage last week was 62.09%(without Rite-Aid trips)and March's monthly savings total comes in at 62.09%(w/out R-A).  

I have 22 more food shopping/spending days in March.

Leftovers going into this week.....1 Chicken Parm, Asparagus and Haddock.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pork Teriyaki, Stir-Fry Veggies(Rice for some)
2. Monday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke in Tomatoes, Rice
3. Tuesday--BBQ take-out(I have a gift cert.)
4. Wednesday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits or Cornbread
5. Thursday--Salmon, Roasted Carrots, Mac and Cheese
6. Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers of Fend For Yourself

What needs buying for this menu?  A cucumber to go in the salad on Friday.  That's about it.
The Weis(PMITA)Markets as is a two weeker and there is nothing much in there(loss leaders)I  want or need.  I am hoping that at the end of the ad(around the 18th/19th)I'll be able to find good deals on instant discount sticker meats as folks tend to get tired of the same deals for that long and any meat specials will be leftover and marked down with stickers.  We'll see. ;-)

I also don't plan on going to any extra grocery spots this week, given that there is a confirmed case of Covid-19 two counties over from us here in PA now,  so I am trying to limit my exposure to people when I can.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I left husband with food. If chooses to eat it all will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to get more cheap strawberries. Somewhere in GA there is exposure. I plan to wear the blue nitrile gloves to shop, toss them as I leave the store, put on another pair as I unload the groceries. I will wipe down all containers with wipes before I put things away. Tommy wants to defer his shopping for a phone card for two weeks. ARRRGH

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.