Monday, March 23, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Pandemic" Edition................


I did get out a bit last week(mostly to Rite-Aid while picking up Rxs)and out to Weis for some foodstuffs and Hubs went out to find a thermometer on Sunday(as ours was about 12 years old and dead).
Trying to limit social contact now and eating from the freezer because it's still darn full as you can see!

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Salmon, leftover Mac and Cheese, Green Beans
2. Monday--Hamburgers or Cheeseburgers on Rolls, leftover assorted Veggies or Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice or Noodles, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Hot Dogs and homemade Beans, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--I might make Chili for the guys or Tacos or ?

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Salmon, leftover Mac and Cheese, Green Beans
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers on Rolls, leftover assorted Veggies
3. Tuesday--Chinese Take-Out
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Hot Dogs and homemade Beans, French Fries
6. Friday--Domino's Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Pork Tenderloins Sandwiches, leftover Tater Salad and Beans

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 2 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  No meals out obviously but some take-out happened.
The Stroganoff didn't happen because we only went to the local Weis and I just couldn't pull the trigger on full price(read overpriced)fresh mushrooms. ;-)

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 3 small tv dinners
* 3 pints of ice cream(yes we went to the grocery store for pandemic ice cream.....if I am cooped up with the family in this house I "need" emergency ice cream--and booze) ;-)

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* a big piece of Salmon
* 1 bag of green beans
* 1 pack of hot dogs
* 1 pack of pork chops

2 trips to Weis(PMITA)Markets this past week in the amount of $53.62(a lot of what was spent was for crappy cheap snacks, clearance drinks and toilet bowl cleaner beyond the necessities)brings my March Grand Total spending on food so far to $277.81.
No worries as we are below target for a $400 spend month.  I doubt we'll buy much more before March ends(if anything).

I've earned $32.15 in Ibotta rebates too in March so far.

My savings percentage last week was 27.74%(without Rite-Aid trips)and March's monthly savings total comes in at 52.42% so far(w/out R-A).   The savings rate took a hit but it was for a good cause, ice cream. ;-)

I have 8 more food shopping/spending days in March.

Leftovers going into this week.....1 bowl of Clam Chowder(and 2 Biscuits).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Ravioli and Meatballs, Salad
2. Monday--Tacos
3. Tuesday--Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Chicken Enchiladas, Rice and Beans
5. Thursday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Roasted Carrots
6. Friday--small TV Dinners, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup

What needs buying for this menu?  I still need mushrooms and Hubs went off in search of cheese on Sunday.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Lol I have backup icecream too. Plus treats hidden away so that if this goes on for a long time we can ration them. I also have booze stashed away :) A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a salt and fat snacker so Ice cream can go to you Sluggy. I bought microwave pop corn, and it was tasty. Since I'll be working form home for the foreseeable future, I can prep early, and have time to get things in oven or crock pot. We'll be eating up fresh stuff as we can get it, and save as many canned goods for when and if we can't get fresh so easily. Tomorrow will be stroganoff as I have fresh mushrooms' and sour cream to use up. I'll use about 1/3 of our precious bag of egg noodles. Daughter wants some curry and I have all the stuff, though low on the spice itself, so will make a small pan for her. Otherwise, winging it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked Bill to get some ice cream on Sunday while I was at my mom's doing laundry. He didn't buy any because he said all Walmart had was the expensive stuff and he knew I would yell if he bought it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. No food deals here. I made some homemade cream of broccoli/celery soup with homemade oat milk. I am using up what I currently have before I brave going to the stores. There has been no deals, because everything is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m with you on the ice cream being a necessity! Especially for quarantine. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.