Monday, March 30, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Be Careful What You Wish For" Edition................


I saved this meme at the beginning of the year but what with this quarantining I just might make a dent in my fabric stash after all. lolz

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Ravioli and Meatballs, Salad
2. Monday--Tacos
3. Tuesday--Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Chicken Enchiladas, Rice and Beans
5. Thursday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Roasted Carrots
6. Friday--small TV Dinners, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Ravioli and Meatballs, Salad
2. Monday--Tacos
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself
4. Wednesday--Popeye's Chicken, Cole Slaw, Biscuits, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Salmon, leftover sides
6. Friday--Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 2 nights of Take-Out.  No meals out obviously but some take-out happened.
I made the Broccoli Cheddar Soup but we didn't have it for dinner but it's getting eaten as lunch fare.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 2 bags of Ravioli
* 1 bag of Meatballs

1 trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets and 1 trip to Aldi this past week  brought spending to $77.99 brings my March Grand Total spending on food so far to $355.80.

I've earned $32.25 in Ibotta rebates and $1.00 in SavingStar rebates too in March.

My savings percentage last week was 39.14%(without Rite-Aid trips)and March's monthly savings total comes in at 50.03% so far(w/out R-A).   

I have 1 more food shopping/spending days in March but I am finished for the month.

Leftovers going into this week.....green beans, potato salad, 1 biscuit and a pot of broccoli cheddar soup plus 1 helping of sizzling rice Chinese soup.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken, Potato Salad, Green Beans
2. Monday--Roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, Asparagus, Cranberry Sauce
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Veg TBD
4. Wednesday--Turkey or Chicken Enchiladas, Beans and/or Rice
5. Thursday--Pork Teriyaki and Veggie Stir-Fry, Rice
6. Friday--Ham, Corn Casserole
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing. I dug through the freezer and pantry and I have everything needed here.
I got mushrooms so Stroganoff is back on for this week.  I'll use leftover Turkey from Monday in the Enchiladas unless that all gets eaten, then I'll use a bag of chicken meat I froze from our last roasted chicken instead.  I pulled a boneless ham from the freezer which should be defrosted by Friday and that will give us leftover ham for next week.  I'm not a big ham fan so maybe I'll take some over to the brother in-law too since they won't be coming for Easter dinner this year.

I may have to go grocery shopping next week as we'll be out of fresh veggies by then.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Definitely no great deals this week. In fact, we set a new grocery record at our house. A combo of not being able to price shop (just buying when available), consuming significantly more food (eating 20 more meals + snacks a week at home, due to no free office meals) & allowing for more splurges.

    That said, we're keeping an eye on the inventory, ensuring reduced waste, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not looked at the flyers as I am trying not to go to the store. I've booked another grocery pickup at our big grocery store for April 10th - by then I should need things (I can add to the cart until the day before). I did keep them however in case I end at one before then so I can cherry pick the deals. So glad I stock up regularly so had good reserves going into this although my freezer is fuller than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found nothing I would consider a deal since I just bought when and where I found anything I wanted. Even if another store was definitely cheaper, I just bought at the store where I found it. Taking a ride definitely helps to keep the unwarranted snacking down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at what meals I can come up with so I don't have to go to grocery store. Saving money that way.
    I have found I can go about 2 weeks until I need fresh veges/fruit.
    Susan R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot easily sew as Someone is watching TV and it distracts.
    Time to move the machine to a quieter spot and have it. I got plenty to sew/do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a huge pot pie yesterday and will make my usual weekly gallon of soup tomorrow - most likely lentil.

    Finally scored a Kroger click list pick up slot! Reserved it a week in advance and I’ll keep adding to the list if I think of anything else. Asparagus is $.99 per pound but that’s about the only good deal.

    We’re both working from home and I can’t believe the amount of dirty dishes we generate. I’m running a full load every night and still have a sink full that won’t fit!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.