Monday, June 24, 2013

This Week On the Dining Table

I have sat here staring at a blank post for about an hour now, waiting for meal planning inspiration to hit me.
No Luck.
Let's get to it anyway.....


 

Here's what was planned last week--

Sunday--Ravioli with homemade Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread
Monday--Salmon, Corn OTC, Roasted Potatoes & Onions
Tuesday--Sloppy Joes on Kaiser Rolls, Roasted Asparagus
Wednesday--Quiche, Salad
Thursday--Roast Chicken, leftover Roasted Potatoes or Stuffing, Carrots
Friday--Mushroom Parmesan, Asparagus, leftover side dishes
Saturday--Leftovers
 
We stuck to this plan and I prepared it all, except for a couple of side dish substitutions.
Yah us!
 
Of course on Sat. which we were out and about, Hubs FORCED me to have lunch at Ret Lopster...sorry, Red Lobster.
It cost a whopping $14 including tip after we used the gift card I still had from Christmas.

I spent $121.49 on $168.62 worth of groceries at 2 different stores last week.  I bought ahead SB(aka store brand)Gatorade, 'good' hot dogs, sugar-free pudding cups, low salt ketchup, salad dressings, frozen burritos, chicken strips, 2 containers of shebert and bread products.  I also found those cartons of dehydrated hash browns Hungry Jack brand that #2 Son wants me to buy for $1.29 reg. price at Wegman's so I picked up 4 for him.(They are almost $2 at the local store in town and I refuse to buy them at that price!)
The rest was fresh produce, fruit, dairy, OJ, lunchmeat and hummus that was consumed that week.
 
Total spent so far in June on food is $260.49.
1 week left in June and I still have $139.51 left in my food budget.
 
Going into this week the leftovers that remain are--some rolls, half a container of half & half,  2 helpings of Sloppy Joe.   I also have a large amount of eggs in the fridge.  Either #2 Son or I will eat the leftover Sloppy Joes for lunches this week(and use up the rolls too).
 
It's going to be too hot to run the oven all this week, especially since we have no a/c yet. 8-(
 
(I've made bold the leftover items I've used in the menu below.)

 Here's this week's meal plan--
 
Sunday--Grilled Steak, Tossed Salad
Monday--Leftovers or BLTs
Tuesday--Crab cakes, stuffed clams, green beans
Wednesday--Breakfast for Dinner use eggs
Thursday--Grilled Hot Dogs on Rolls, Beans, Mixed Veggies
Friday-Something Chicken in the Crockpot with Veggies and Rice
Saturday--maybe Take-Out since #1 Son is due in that evening

On the shopping list so far--tomatoes, maybe hot dog rolls(have to check if I have enough), milk.

So that's where the food money stands now and what's appearing on the kitchen table this week here at Chez Sluggy.

 What's getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I feel very lucky this week. Okay, just on Tuesday, tomorrow, do I feel lucky in the food department.

    Tomorrow, is the once a month church dinner where huge chunks of meat from the grill are served along with salad or slaw, maybe green beans and new potatoes, tea and cake. Exbf has elected to come up Tuesday to help me when he heard the lunch was tomorrow. THEN, with mycokerewards I got two Big Macs for 50 points each. He agreed to have that for dinner with something else.

    The something else for dinner is going to be a smoothie--fresh strawberries, frozen cantaloupe, fat free yogurt, and about 1/4 c. oj. I hate cantaloupe and he hates bananas, so my smoothie will have banana and strawberries. There is never sugar or ice put in my smoothies.

    But, I don't have to cook tomorrow! yay Cooking with my fibromyalgia on the day he comes exhausts me for three days.

    The rest of the week? chicken, ground beef, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and a trip to the market for more fresh produce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I try to get rid of the few things left in the freezer. Mostly turkey burgers with sweet potato chips (turned out ok on the oven) and frozen veggies. That's about it for my plans.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.