Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rite-Aid on Friday....Had to Use It or Lose It!

So, I was FORCED to go to Rite-Aid on Friday.
Why you ask?
Because my GIFT OF SAVINGS Christmas Gift Certificate expires April 30...Friday.
No way I was going to let $20 expire even if going out Friday
was the last thing I wanted to do!

So I gathered up some couponage I might use and headed up with #2 son & his friend in tow.
Oh great....just what I need....baggage.lol


I had wanted to get a market umbrella for the deck patio set since ours bit the dust a couple of years ago.  It would be nice to be able to sit out and eat there without the sun blasting down on you in the heat of summer.  So with the $20 Cert., my 20% discount and a $5 off a $20 purchased, I'd only have to pay zero or even be negative money and have to add something to the order.
Free umbrella.....NICE!

But alas, there was not a market umbrella in the joint, just some beach umbrellas that were NOT going to cut it.

So the plan got thrown overboard and we went hunting the aisles for things to buy.......

I had a scenarios just about worked out when #2 son comes over pleading with me to advance him allowance $ so he could buy a watch.
So we went and inspected his potential purchase and I deemed it worthy of purchase for $19.99.
My wheels in my brain set to working and suddenly there were TWO scenarios to complete.

I took 2 things from my initial scenarios and added them to the watch purchase so we could use another $5 off $20 Purchase Q.



2 x Dove Shampoo on sale $3=$6.00  Used 2 x $2/1 Dove 'Poo IPQ -$4.00
1 x Watch=$19.99  My wellness discount applied -$4.00 **Not Pictured**
$25.99-$8 Qs=$17.99
Minus $5 off $20 purchase RAQ=$12.99+.78¢ tax=$13.77 OOP

Once #2 son pays me back for the watch, my total here is .50¢ overage.
($16.77-1/2 of the $5 off Q=$14.27 he owes for the watch).  

I also qualified for $3.00 in SCR on the Dove 'Poo purchase, giving me $3.50 in overage so far after the SCR.

Then I did transaction #2 to use my $20 Gift Cert.....




4 x Ban Deodorant on sale BOGO50%($5.68 per 2 deos)=$11.36
2 x Benadryl on sale $4.39=$8.78 with wellness disc.
1 Schick Hydro Razor=$7.99 with wellness disc.
1 x Paper Lanterns with wellness disc.=$7.99
2 x Snickers on sale=$1.00
1 x Trident gum=$1.03 with wellness disc.
SubTotal...$38.15

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks Q=$5.00
4 x $1/1 Ban ManuQ=$4.00
1 x $5/2 Benadryl ManuQ=$5.00
2 x $2/1 any cough, cold, allergy OTC item Wellness Q=$4.00
1 x $20 Gift Cert=$20.00
Coupon Total....$38.00


$38.15-$38.00=$.15 OOP


I totally didn't figure in the 20% wellness discount on a couple of things so I was $2 short of using my last $2/1 Q and had to add the candy and gum....and the gum got another wellness disc. to boot!
All in all, this one came out very nicely.


SCR qualified for in Transaction #2....
Schick Hydro Razor=$6.00
Ban Deodorants=$10.00
Total...$16.00 in SCRs and another $8.78 toward qualifying for the $25 Allergy SCR(WYB $50 of Allergy products).

**When I got home I discovered 2 of the Ban Deos I purchased were the wrong type.  I hiked back Saturday morning and exhanged those 2 for the correct ones so I will get my $10 SCR for buying 4 Ban Deos...'-)


Grand total for the day.....
I am OOP  negative .35¢ today buying all this(when #2 son pays me back) and I am getting back $19.00 in SCRs.


I may have been laying low on Rite-Aid shopping in April but I am BACK with a vengeance!lol


Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.