Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May Donation #2......Slow Going this Month

I was going Gangbusters in April with the decluttering!


My 1st donation of May saw 22 items leave the house, so we were off to a good start this month.
But May has turned out to be somewhat lackluster since I had only made that one donation all month.

I lost all of last week due to being overwhelmed with life here but I got myself together over the weekend and got together quite the large donation for Sallie's.....


4 x Lord of the Rings Figures & Weaponry--just too heavy to be worth selling online
3 x Teenie Beanie Baby Sets
1 x PM Sugar Town Train Station Light Up--too heavy also
1 x Magnolia shaped Ceramic Platter--love it but no place for it
1 x Enameled LA Rams Pen in Tin Case
1 x Reading Rainbow Wall Clock--won this at a penny auction
1 x Star Trek Sticker Book
3 x Figure Skater Paper Doll Books
8 x Hand painted Masonite Placemats--I won these at a church auction 8 yrs. ago, the church had a mission in Haiti and these were painted by a Haitian who worked at the mission.  While they are lovely folk art, I have no place for them.
And some used items.....
3 x Sets of Star Wars Sheets(used)
17 x Boys Shirts(used)
5 x Boys Boxer Shorts(used)
1 x Boys Jeans(used)
1 x Boys Cargo Shorts(used)


Total Items for this Donation....50
Add to the 22 items from earlier this month and the May total now stands at 72 Items decluttered.

April Total....96
May Total....72
Yearly Total to Date....168 Items.

Yearly Food Bank Donation Total....78

Yearly Total for all Donations so far.....246

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. At least you're donating your donations. Mine are still riding around in the back of the van. That will have to change this week; I need the van empty so I can pack for our weekend trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great. I understand your progress is kind of like my diet. One step forward and two back.
    I'm sorry about the family problems. I get it and if you ever need me you know where I am!!! If nothing else, my love and admiration for you will never waver! WOW, did I go too far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnnieJ--nothing like a deadline to get you motivated I always say!lol

    SonyaAnn--Thanks for the love & admiration but you shouldn't model yourself after a crazy woman, ya know?lol I wonder if Sallie's will take some teens next trip.....slightly used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing great.

    Sorry, I have tried to donate slightly used teens and no one would take them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.