Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Monday Again!

It's already noon and I am just now getting my keester in gear.
Mondays.......

The last 2 days here have been brutally hot.....say like 90 degrees hot!
We went from March to mid August in terms of the weather and frankly my dear, it SUCKS donkeyass!!

No, if you haven't guessed by now, I am NOT a big fan of hot humid weather.
If we actually had central a/c I might be less of a hot hater.
Needless to say we got nothing done in the yard or garden over the weekend.   I grilled out steaks one night and refused to cook on the other night.  Sunday was spent moving around as little as possible...
Ugh!  The rainstorms passed mostly south of us(like by a mere 5 miles!)so we got no cooling relief.  I am hoping the skies will actually open up here today so I can feel human again.

Speaking of coupons......was I?lol....neither our area or Philly got the $4/1 Nivea coupons in the Sunday inserts so I just gave in and bought some whole inserts(with those coupons)on eBay.
Bleh.
Why did I give in and do that??
I need more body wash like a hole in the head!
I guess this week will see me hiking up to Rite-Aid once the inserts get here.  Hey, it gives me an excuse to go to Rite-Aid so it's not a totally bad thing. ;-)

I've got a couple of boxes to ship today, motel reservations to make for July, fundraiser candles to pick-up later, bread to buy at the Entenmann's Outlet, the end of April Savings Challenge post to write, eBay photos and listings to complete, a stack of papers and coupon inserts to file, and I am sure I am forgetting some other pressing thing on my "to do" list that my CRS brain can't recall.
Oh yeah, I don't have a meal plan for this week planned yet either.....which I run Sunday to Sunday....and it's Monday already.

Later this week, we've got the nephew's birthday, I've got organizing to do in the garage, stuff in the living room/dining room(aka eBay Central) to deal with and #1 son comes home this Saturday so we will be more cramped for space than usual.
The following weekend I am doing the local flea market(if the weather is good)and then we have a week-long visit from a relative so I may be disappearing from online for a few days.

So what is everyone else doing this week?  I hope you are going to have more fun them I am!lol

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. OMG! You are so busy today! I am at work.... relaxing. LOL!

    I am spending the weekend letting my excitement build up as I will be leaving on Saturday to fly to Tennessee and see my family....my side of the family. I did not mean to imply that my family here is NOT my family.

    I only go once a year and I am sooooo excited to go see my parents, 2 sisters and my brother. Oh, and a niece, nephew and great niece and any other relatives that get in my path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a long list of things to do this week. I haven't even written my list of "this week's chores" yet.
    I am one of those weird people who loves hot weather. Just not pollen. We live in the third highest city in the country for pollen and you can't go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather stinks and I was a slug this weekend. But today I started using my new binder/organizer. So things are looking up here!

    I was feeling total frugal burn-out, but there are $1 coupon doublers for my supermarket this week, so I guess I'll have to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frances--Have a great trip! That is how I like my relatives....far away and in small doses.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. pam--I feel your misery with the pollen. Spring would be wonderful if God would hold the side order of pollen.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex M--Watch how you disparage the good name of a slug....lol
    I feel out of the whole couponing/shopping cycle lately too. I'd get some 'umph' for doublers tho too! I've got to make 2 more trips to Weis for a pet food catalina deal I am working this week. Getting all this dog food for almost free got my attention even tho the store is the last place I want to go this week.
    I hope you have a great shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We didn't receive the $4 coupon either :( I bought some off of eBay also - not like I need anymore body wash but I have to try some of their new stuff!!

    Sorry to hear about your hot weather - it's been in the 60's here which is just fine, thankyouverymuch, for this pregnant woman :)

    We have a semi-busy week here: mystery shop, consignment sale and doctor's appt. on Friday (we get to find out the sexes of the babies!!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so so busy this week! :-)

    Today I didn't get my butt in gear till almost noon, so I guess we all have those days! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.