Thursday, May 27, 2010

An Alexander Day

So have you ever had one of those days were in hindsight, it would have been better to just stay in bed with the covers pulled over your head rather than get up and face the day?

Around here, we call those days "Alexander Days".  That's in honor of one of my kids' favorite kid books called, "Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day".

We all have em....
Well mine was a doozy.
I even considered moving to Australia it was so bad!!

After we dropped the food off at the food bank at the church in town #1 son & I dropped off a package at the PO and then took my minivan up to get the a/c recharged.  The guy said it would take a few hours so we came home to finish steam cleaning the dining room carpet before the relative arrives this weekend since they will be sleeping on the inflatable bed in the living room/dining room.
#1 son went to move the dining room table.....my big lovely heavy solid oak table.....my one good piece of furniture in the house that I've had since 1989.
Well he dragged it across the room.
And I heard a bad sound.
And this is what one of the two support columns of my lovely table now looks like.....
(the table is upside down on it's top)

And here is what the other support column looks like....ignore the cobwebs please......



Yep, he broke my table.

So now I have to find someone to fix it(hahaha), or give it away to someone who wants to fix it for themselves or let DH take an axe to it and make a big pile of very expensive oak kindling.
**sigh**

Now I have nowhere to pack my eBay stuff......or seat everyone for family dinners.....


As my fuming subsided into an overwhelming sadness & tears after a few hours, I called the car repair guy.

My $89.95 a/c recharging was not to be.  My minivan needs repairs to the a/c system before it can be charged.
I now have an "estimate" of over $600 and I'd be carless for another day or more.
K-aching!
There goes the flea market profits.....

1 table.
1 car repair.

The sadness just kept coming.....

And to prove that bad things do indeed come in threes, after I cooked dinner and put it on low to keep warm unto DH came home, I left things in the teens hands and went upstairs to hide in my bed.
It was so warm I put on the a/c in the bedroom, then I went into the bathroom to close the window.  As I closed said window my hand slipped and smacked the towel rack underneath and it came flying off the wall, crashing into 3 pieces onto the floor, towels and all!

So I took 2 painkillers and crawled into bed at 3:30pm in the afternoon....or 5:30am the next morning in eastern Australia time.

sigh.......

Yep, Alexander would have been proud.....

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. What a horrible day! I hope today is better.

    That table looks like it could be repaired with some wood glue. But I could be wrong. I would sure try it before taking an axe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And I heard a bad sound."-We are related cuz even though it is a blog I heard it. I hate that ominous crunch.
    Things aren't going so great here either. We should run away together but I doubt we would make it far. Something bad would happen. Or the families could find us because of the gray cloud that would be following us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! You are having a day like I had yesterday! Hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. I hope things get better real soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.