Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May Clutter Donation #1.....Let it Begin

Here is what I've gleaned from the piles of stuff to kick off the Charity Donations in May....


2 x Kites...because McVal never came over to fly them with me.  ;-)
4 x Chroma-Cel Anime Cel Repros matted and ready for framing
1 x Disney Cinderella Cel...I guess Disney found another way to get $ out of people by cutting up old spare reels of classic films & mounting them in plastic....I found these on the clearance shelves years ago so I guess they didn't do so well.lol
1 x Just the Right Shoe shoe Figurine "Pave"....a cool rhinestone covered shoe if you are a shoe fiend
2 x Nike Poster Art Cards Sets....includes the 1st nike shot of Michael Jordan, the Jumpman Shot
1 x Popeye Christmas Ornament.....don't even ask because I can't remember what possessed me to buy this!
1x Trix Rabbit Bobblehead.....silly rabbit.....silly lady with more money than sense
1 x Boyd's BearsCeramic True Love Wedding Salt & Pepper Shakers... I still think these are really cute shakers for a wedding gift
1 x Boyd's Bears Edmund the Elf Christmas Resin Figurine
1 x Boyd's Bears Reggie Foxworthy Fox Plush...named for Jeff Foxworthy...Hello! Captain Obvious
1 x Ty Beanie Cat Kaleidoscope.....somebody was smoking something when they came up with THIS design!lol
1 x Set of Transformers Playing Cards...
1 x Complete Inspector Gadget Figure-McDonald's Toys....I had to choke down 8 Happy Meals to get this thing completed!
1 x 3 pce. Set of Bent Twig Doll Furniture.....something my mother gave me, I have no clue why!
2 x Cabbage Patch Kids Patterns(used)...from my CPK doll clothes making days
1 x Alligator Salad Tongs Set(used/vintage)....I know, I know.....people will be fist fighting over these babies down at the Salvation Army

So what have YOU sent to Goodwill/Sallie's/your thrift store lately?

Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. Great job on the donations slugmama!! I haven't donated much lately but I'm having a garage sale this weekend. Depending on the stockpile items that don't sell (vitamins, glucose meters, feminine products) I will be dropping those off next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "silly rabbit.....silly lady with more money than sense"-I'm once again laughing at your wit!
    And is it possible to donate children and/or a husband?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a bunch of clothing my children outgrew before they could wear! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't sent anything yet...but the back of my van is getting awfully full of boxes and bags.



    Word verification was scableg. Seriously. I think it's what you get when you have so many donation boxes sitting around that you keep barking your shins on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya--Best of luck with the GSale! I'm doing the flea market on Sunday this week too. I am sitting here trying to figure out what to price stuff for...ugh!
    Let us know how yours turns out, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SonyaAnn--I WISH they took kids and hubbys....and DOGS!lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam--Isn't that the worst?....sending stuff to Sallie's you didn't buy to resell but to use, and not using it before you have to get rid of it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnnieJ--How about pulling the van to the end of the driveway Sat. morning, opening the back and having a mini yard sale?

    ScabLegs??....now who says blogspot has no sense of humour??lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could do that...it's our citywide garage sale day! But...it's also citywide garage sale day in the town where my in-laws live and they have AWESOME sales there and the town is very walkable, so that's where we'll be (shopping, of course, because we just NEED to bring more junk home). That is, if the 60% chance of rain in the forecast passes us by.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.