Saturday, October 10, 2009

Toiletries Stockpile Pictures

I have FINALLY gone through and organized my Toiletries Stockpile.
YEAAAAAAAH!!!

Right after I went through all those Small Steps Paper Products, I went through every bottle, box, tube, tub & package of toiletries and OTC meds.
Then I set aside from the stash what I feel is a 2 Year Supply of each product.....2 yrs. of shampoo, 2 yrs. of deodorant, 2 yrs. of toothpaste....you get the idea.

Here is the upstairs linen closet....
I repurposed 3 clear pull-out drawers from a small file cabinet thingy.  One bin for deodorants, one for dental products, one for OTC medicine-y things.  There is space for one more bin on the shelf.  I am waiting to find something I already have that I can repurpose to put there and put more items(band-aids, painkillers, etc.)  I still need to label each of these bins in the coming week.
These are the supply for the kids for the next 2 yrs.





This shelf  has a large repurposed rubbermaid container that holds their shampoos and body washes.



This repurposed container holds 2 yrs. supply of razor supplies, shaving cream, and something else I can't recall right now.lol  These also need labeling so that when something runs out, everyone knows what container to look in to get more.  The Family supply of soap is also in this container but everything else in these containers is for the children's use.



Since hubby & I have an ensuite bathroom off of our bedroom, I have boxed and organized everything(except for soap)that we will need in the way of HBAs in the next 2 years in our bathroom.
Two repurposed tubs & a shoebox needing labels still-dental supplies, shaving needs and deodorants.



Two shoeboxes(already labeled)with more toiletries.  On top is the 1st aid supplies basket.  In basket in front are assorted HBA/OTC meds in use.

Two more containers of supplies with towels....



Hair Coloring, lotions, etc. in boxes and separated items in bags on the floor awaiting more boxes.



And last but not least, under the sink are the cleaning supplies that are in use, all corralled in one place.  The children also have a matching shoebox of cleaners under the sink in their bathroom.


It feel so nice to have this all completed and organized.

So what is in all these boxes??











Except for the Walgreen's shopping bag(which holds pasta) and the binders under that bag, all the stuff in these boxes/bags in these pictures is what is LEFTOVER after I pulling out 2 years of Toiletries/HBA products for my family!  That's 18+boxes of stuff.
I knew my Title promised Stockpile Pictures but you'll just have to imagine what's in the boxes.lol

And THIS is AFTER  I sold a boatload of items at my Garage Sale in July. 
Gee....I feel kind of sheepish.  I knew I was acquiring alot of toiletries(all for very little money)but I had no clue I had SO MUCH!  I guess not having it organized and in one place all at once made it not seem like the massive amount it is.
I am a victim of my couponing success it seems.......
I really don't have room for all this....unless I want to take over someone's bedroom or something.lol

So I have loaded up 16 of those 18 boxes, along with some bags of food pulled from my grocery stockpile, into my car and bright & early tomorrow morning I'll be driving to the local Flea Market and try to sell off a bunch of this.
Wish me luck!!!

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Good luck at the flea market - I hope you sell it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the luck of the Irish and crossing a few fingers for you as well!

    I am still in my "no buying anything till I use up the old crap" mode. Can you believe we are into the 10th month and I STILL have not bought any tea? Nor soap. Nor body lotion. Nor Bounce sheets. etc., etc.

    Today I purged a ton of magazines, some books and cds. It feels really good.

    I know you are going to feel so good tomorrow to unload those boxes at the flea market and come home with more $$$ for your savings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesomeness sluggy!

    I wish you a million pounds of Mazel tomorrow at the flea market. Hey maybe with your new found monies, you can afford to buy some more canvas bags. (sorry I couldn't resist ;) )

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! And I think I'm out of body wash at the moment and have slivers of bar soap handy... I'm a bit behind in that department...
    I envy your storage space! and ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the best wishes and for the mazel Joe! I think it all helped a lot cuz I did GREAT!! woohoo
    Now I just have to get a post up about how it went....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.