Monday, July 24, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "This is Getting Tiresome" Edition.                                            


51 days in and I'm really getting tired of this eating plan.

I'll be eating some sugar-free Jell-O Wednesday as it's Prep day.  I guess a tiny bit of aspartame won't kill me.(I'll also be having chicken bone broth that day as well as "clear" liquids.)
I'm still making weight loss progress(albeit slowly since I can't move around very much), am in PT for my lower back issues, got a Neurology consult and meds(though it will take awhile to get them balanced)and am moving forward with both avenues available to get my knee replaced(at some point will need to decide on which one to go with but we aren't at that point yet). 
My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar(other than a bit of honey in some hot tea)nor any white food.....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday-Zalad from Zaxby's, Watermelon
2. Monday--leftover ear of corn, a green bean appetizer for dinner
3. Tuesday--Protein drink, Watermelon
4  Wednesday--Teriyaki Stir-Fry Veggies w/Shaved Beef, yogurt cup
5. Thursday--1/2 a bag of Veggies(Broccoli?), yogurt cup, Watermelon
6.  Friday--Salmon, half of a Spinach Soufflé, Watermelon
7. Saturday--leftover Stir-Fry?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday-Zalad from Zaxby's, Watermelon
2. Monday--leftover ear of corn, a green bean appetizer for dinner
3. Tuesday--Protein drink, Watermelon
4  Wednesday--Teriyaki Stir-Fry Veggies w/Shaved Beef, yogurt cup
5. Thursday--1/2 a bag of Stir-Fry Veggies, yogurt cup, Watermelon
6.  Friday--Salmon, half of a Spinach Soufflé, Watermelon
7. Saturday--Leftover Stir-Fry, Watermelon, 1 Apple
So what was planned actually happened for once.  Hooray!
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  I consulted a new PCP and my food plan was given the green light and my blood work came back aok. 8-)

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  3 bags of Stir-Fry Veggies
*  1 hunk of Beef
*  1 piece of Salmon
*  1 Spinach Soufflé

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

Last week we spent $47.28 on grocery shopping.

 Total comes to $308.26 for July(so far). More dog food, Jell-O, Protein drinks, Gatorade(for prep day), corn meal and assorted things we were out of.

There are 7 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $117.63 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $13.75 on Shopmium in July.
I've earned $21.00 on Coupons dotcom.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in July.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in July.
I've earned 314 points from food shopping on Fetch in July.
I've earned 3,425 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July.
I've earned 46 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.

That is $152.38 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $308.26 of grocery spending so in reality it's $155.88 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 69.66% and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 39.57% so far spent.

Leftovers going into this week...nothing but a bowl of baked beans(Hubs).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday-Protein drink, 1 apple
2. Monday--Watermelon, Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, Yogurt cup(maybe)
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm, either more Yogurt or an apple
4  Wednesday--Prep Day, Clear Liquids
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--A dish with Shrimp, more Broccoli
7. Saturday--Yogurt drink, Collards or whatever is fresh at the store in the way of Veggies
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice is not hard to do once you get past the first 3 or 4 days.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Everything but the fresh veggies. Tomorrow I'll be making sugar-free Jell-O for a change and in preparation for Cleanse day, Oh Joy, Can't wait!! Hubs will eat the chicken and shrimp meals I fix(and may supplement with some carby dish too)but otherwise he's on his own. :-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.

Sluggy  

7 comments:

  1. Keep going. My hubby lost 78 pounds on a "No White" diet before surgery. You got this. I laughed about the Jello though, its a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already lost 100 lbs. in the past decade but never at this fast a clip so I am feeling it. Jell-O as a treat? Oh yeah..... ;-)

      Delete
    2. The next time I see you will I still be able to recognize you?

      Delete
    3. Anne, don't I WISH!!!! lolz But you'd still know me by my black heart. *wink*

      Delete
  2. I be missing you bad. Sissie is mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I be missing you too Kimmie. Sissie is mean to everyone....lolz

      Delete
  3. I had a couple friends that had both knees done at one time and ins paid for them to stay in recovery for 6 wks.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.