Monday, July 10, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Weight Loss is Still the Focus" Edition.                                            
I saw this chip display in Kroger before we went on the last cruise.  It's some strange flavors for Summer--BLT and Cuban sandwiches.  Interesting but I can't eat chips.  Man do I miss bread though.....lol

I'm still making progress and the knee is holding up somewhat.  My doctor is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--half a bag of green beans
2. Monday--strawberries, Don't know as daughter is taking her dad out for a belated Father's Day meal.
3. Tuesday--a slice of smoked Brisket, yogurt
4  Wednesday--other half of meal out
5. Thursday--other half a bag of green beans
6.  Friday--a banana, Salad

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--half a bag of green beans
2. Monday--strawberries, Half of serving of Lasagna
3. Tuesday--a small slice of smoked Brisket, COC, yogurt
4  Wednesday--other half a bag of green beans
5. Thursday--other half of meal out, yogurt cup
6.  Friday--a sliver of beef brisket, a Protein Drink
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  I consulted a new PCP and my food plan was given the green light and my blood work came back aok. 8-)

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 bag of frozen green beans
*  A small hunk of Beef Brisket

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 bag of burritos(for Hubs)

Last week we spent $131.53 on grocery shopping.

 Total comes to $131.53 for July(so far). We stocked up on some items like dog food, vitamins, more protein drinks and tuna and burritos for Hubs. Found some pumpkin pie filling for Thanksgiving on clearance that's good through all of 2024.

There are 21 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $46.12 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $13.00 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned $2.00 on Shopmium in June.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in June.
I've earned 194 points from food shopping on Fetch in June.
I've earned 1250 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That is $61.12 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $131.53 of grocery spending so in reality it's $70.41 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 20.57% and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 20.57% so far spent.

Leftovers going into this week...Most of that smoked Brisket.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Brussels Sprouts, 4 strawberries
2. Monday--Salad(half of it), a yogurt cup
3. Tuesday--Protein drink, more strawberries perhaps
4  Wednesday--small piece of brisket, Broccoli
5. Thursday--other half  of Salad above, yogurt
6.  Friday--Protein drink
7. Saturday-no clue yet-maybe clean out fridge of protein and veggies?
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice is not hard to do once you get past the first 3 or 4 days.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?
Right now there is still plenty in the freezer Hubs can partake of(plus most of a brisket he is ignoring! How can someone ignore brisket!!)but are off limits to me right now.  Or he may go buy more tv dinners as he doesn't like to cook. lol

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.

Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. What are your favorite protein drinks? We like the Premier Protein in the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the first cucumbers yesterday and plan to use them in hummus wraps for lunch. Dinner options are zucchini pizza and white bean soup. I’ll need something else later in the week and might make pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No food deals for me, but I have been eating what I have at this time. Be careful with protein drinks as they may have high sugar and sodium. I use a plant based powder and add fresh fruit, vegetables and plant based milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I do look at food labels to see what is in these protein drinks/shacks. I can't use any Soy based ones(or the powders)as I have a sensitivity to soy going back to when I was an infant.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.