Friday, July 14, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the July 14th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   

There are very few Frugal wins this past week and not everything here would be considered frugal but here goes......

*  Being on this restrictive short term eating plan meant we spent very little at the grocery store this past week.(Well we spent more than the previous week and I might pick up more veggies before posting this.)  The freezer is packed with food for Hubs to eat as long as he remembers to thaw something. lol

*  Been cropping and renaming photo files and uploading videos to my Youtube channel.

Saw my PCP this week to straighten out my Rxs, go over bloodwork(it's all  great!)and have a physical.  Also to get Neurology on the ball to have me in for testing.  I've lost 39 pounds since returning from the cruise too.

* Then saw the Orthopedist on Tuesday and he's a go on doing the knee replacement but he wants to wait until late September so that will mark 6 months since the devastating "stool incident" on Xmas eve.  I see him again in the beginning of August(where I will hopefully  have lost more weight)to get me on the schedule.  For now the knee is holding up.  

* In addition Orthopedist is sending me to Physical Therapy for my bad back.  Good thing about the PT it is FREE for the rest of this year.  Yay!

*  I found money!  


Two pennies at Walmart last Friday around the self-checkouts.  Only other places I went last week were to 2 doctor's offices and to a different grocery store for veggies and meat.  Hard to find change in medical buildings. ;-)

Total Found in last Week.... .02¢
Total Found this Year.......$2.49

That's all for this past week.

It's too damn hot here(triple digit heat indexes for weeks now!)so I rarely leave the house except to hobble to the car with a/c then to wherever I am going that also has a/c.  Can you say I am over Summer down here on Satan's front porch??

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy 

4 comments:

  1. I found 33 cents in self checkout at Walmart who in their right mind leaves money behind

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne in the kitchenJuly 15, 2023 at 1:01 AM

    Nothing frugal here. I blame Prime Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found four bags of Hawaiian sandwich buns marked down to $.30 at Kroger. Not sure what’s up with the price but sometimes bread is also $.30 lately.

    The first garden tomato is orange and should be ready to pick in a day or two. That’s my excitement for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing results! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.