Saturday, July 22, 2023

Frugal Friday on Saturday, July 22nd

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   

There are very few Frugal wins this past week and not everything here would be considered frugal but here goes......

*  Being on this restrictive short term eating plan meant we spent very little at the grocery store this past week,  under $50.  The freezer is packed with food for Hubs to eat(that are not part of what I can consume right now), so as long as he remembers to thaw something, he eats. lol

*  Been cropping and renaming photo files and uploading videos to my You Tube channel.

* Saw a Neurologist(will wonders never cease?)this past week instead of in February.  Yay!  Got put on an Rx and this drug is FREE until I hit Medicare in January(as are all my meds).

*  Went to Physical Therapy for my back.   Basically did water aerobics in their pool.  No copays so again FREE.  I go back 2 x next week and the week after, and the week after, etc.

*  I found money! 
Nope.  Nada. Zilch.

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year.......$2.49

That's all for this past week.  Just sitting home is frugal, right?

It's too damn hot here(triple digit heat indexes for weeks now!)so I rarely leave the house except to hobble to the car with a/c then to wherever I am going that also has a/c.  Can you say I am over Summer down here on Satan's front porch??

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sluggy, I am a long-ish time reader. I am so glad to hear that you were able to see a neurologist much sooner than anticipated and that your medication is free. I hope the appointment was reassuring and that the medication is helping. Hugs. Rachael K

    ReplyDelete
  2. 118 this week in Phoenix, so it is awful. But it chases folks away otherwise we would be overrun like California…hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog a long time.
    But I've not commented before.
    I'm so sorry for you having such a rough time. So much has hit you at once.
    I'm glad you got to see a neurologist
    right away and that they have started
    you on meds.
    You have a lot of friends out in blog land pulling for you. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your neurologist was a good one; good ones are rare birds around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve picked quite a few cucumbers from the garden. Some are now refrigerator pickles and the rest will be added to pasta salad today. I’m also picking a zucchini per day so plan to make zucchini pizzas this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.