Sunday, July 2, 2023

Income & Spending for June 2023

**Thanks to whomever pointed out my income numbers were incorrect.  The annuity should be higher before I deduct for the Health Insurance Premium and Hubs Dental coverage(which both come out of the annuity payment).  Math is hard when you have a neurological issue and can hardly write/type, which at the moment I am struggling with.

Now that we are living on an annuity, 401K$ withdrawals and social security payments, I am still going to keep track of our monthly spending and income, and hopefully we'll still be able to live BELOW our means and I'll have some leftover monies each month to tuck aside.

I am trying to be as transparent as I can with how much is coming in and how much is going out.  8-)

On to the June report---

I had 2 goals for June....
The 1st is to actually finish the month in the black and not the red.
The 2nd is to try to have a little cash leftover at the end of the previous month to tuck back into a slush fund.  This slush fun may be to apply toward unforeseen bills that are coming due in subsequent months, to spend on "extras/wants" during the year or to just sit there and grow until the end of 2023.
This month I also had a goal to survive the move and have a little fun.  So far, so good.;-)

I can report that we finished up June in the red.
The amount extra we ended the month of June with?...-$5,379.98

Income or Funds We Can Access


The "income" in June---

*  Monthly annuity payment of $3,235.81(after tax withholding)
*  SS income of $3879.00
*  Interest earned on non-retirement accounts of $610.21
*  Stock Dividend of $19.11
*  Exchange of Currency $67.10

Total "Income" for June....$7,811.23

Expenses in June---
* Irregular bills in June were $10,032.68
* Variable Expenses in June came to $2,081.45
* Health insurance premiums totaling $1,077.08*
Total Expenses....$13,191.21

$7,811.23-$13,191.21=-$5,379.98

* Now that Hubs is on Medicare I include his dental coverage  in the HI Premium for me and his Medicare supplement comes out of our checking account.

Slush into May of $66,927.64 in that Fund, add the deficit  of $5,370.98 in June and we get $61,547.79 going into June's 2023's Slush Fund.
The Slush Fund on it's Page(tab at the top of the blog)shows a subtraction of $7,249.21.

Outgo
As for the variable expenses this June here are the good and the bad side of things....

HERE are the GOOD THINGS

*  The cell phone, WAM, the water bill, Health Insurance Premium and internet were the same as last month.
* My Amazon c/c bill went down $441.13 in May.
*  The Mastercard c/c was $595.50 lower than last month.
*  Hubs Amazon c/c bill went down $350.56 in June,


HERE are the BAD THINGS

*  Electric bill went up $35.91 from last month.
*  My Amazon c/c bill was$342.99 higher in June.
*  We had a Lowe's c/c bill of $101.28
*  We had irregular bills due in June too--
  *   2 Long Term Care Premiums totaling $784.55
  *  We paid cash for a car port and installation at $1,975.99   
  *  A small bill of $89.20 for needed clothing.
  *  Both dogs had shots for $130.00
  *  We paid $7,853.68 to Ex-College Man so the balance of a gift given to each of our children.

The Food Budget costs for June are in another post HERE.  Food costs are included in the credit card payment(mainly but sometimes our WAM cash too).

FINAL THOUGHTS on JUNE 2023--JUNE WA S WHOPPER of a spendy month.  Had we not paid that last child's gift it wouldn't have been so bad.  We budgeted and knew that quarterly LT Care payments would be due and the car port needed to be purchased asap.  When the sun is so near to the earth down here and you have no ''real" garage to park your cars in and a lot without many trees, well OLD SOL can wreak havoc on your car. 8-))  The vet visit was a requirement and I had a little bit to pay on that clothing bill that didn't hit that store c/c last billing cycle.
Going into JUNE I knew we'd be in the red this month.

THOUGHTS going forward into July 2023--Without that child gift the only big bill will be Hubs Amazon bill which has many charges from London on it(tickets to sites, some souvenirs, a bit of food)  The Mastercard is mostly normal stuff on it except that hotel bill for the power outage which will account for 1/3 of the total.  My Amazon c/c will be teeny tiny for a change. lol  But predict a higher energy bill as "hell's front porch" weather has hit here big time!  Not too worried about spending for July unless another emergency trip to PA becomes necessary.

So how was your JUNE financially? 
Did you spend less than the income you had in June?
Did you stay within your budget or not?
What did you do with any money leftover at the end of the month?
Did you pay off any debts or put extra toward your mortgage principle or into savings, in an emergency fund or a retirement account?
Or did you blow it on a want?

If you posted your financial progress on your own blog, leave a link in the comments so we can go check out your progress too and celebrate or commiserate with you!

Sluggy    

6 comments:

  1. I had a 4 grand auto repair, a, so far $650 vet bill with a disturbing prognosis that will probably lead to a huge bill in July, a $800 air conditioner repair in work house in University town (and I have never repaired the air at work house after lightning episode last year so I am sitting here sweating bullets in Hell’s Kitchen in south central Alabama… I digress) I paid $650 for daughter’s SAMS stockup on shampoo, protein bars for her husband, and all sorts of stock up S$&t, while in Utah, paid $50 to renew her SAMS card, paid $550 in regular groceries for her, $70 for parking at Atlanta airport, and something else that I cannot recall off the top of my very hot and cranky head… lol. I have work tomorrow and I hope to h$&l the air conditioner is fixed there because it broke Thursday! Broken air conditioners seems to be the theme! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a Louisiana native, I can assure you broken air conditioners ARE the theme of the South! Now live in Tennessee and it is true here too. Penny S.

      Delete
    2. I should have said the $800 repair was to the weekend/soon to be retirement house in college town. I never repaired the”work” house air conditioner in South Central Alabama after lightning ran in on it in July 2022. That is obviously where I reside when I work. I keep thinking about it but I procrastinate.
      Obviously the heat and lack of air has made me slightly heat crazy or crazier than normal…. Lol. Cindy in the South

      Delete
  2. Hi, I have been reading your spending summary for a long time and had to reread the opening numbers twice. Glad that it was a gift to a child and not a meteor through your roof ;). Thanks for doing this. I track my spending as well, I find it therapeutic. Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  3. June was a whomper of a month for me, due to moving. I'm still digging out of June, and hopefully, July will settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first 6 months of this year I bled money. A lot. So, I am hoping to make the next 6 months reasonable. No plans to purchase clothing items, hopefully no home repairs, nothing other than feeding myself and going to visit my uncle in September-October. My upcoming trip is already paid for.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.