Monday, July 3, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Weight Loss is Still the Focus/Would You Eat This?" Edition.                                            
On my one trip out to Walmart I saw there on the clearance aisle....Hot Tamale Cinnamon candy flavored Peeps.  With all the spicy food lovers down here I am sure they got snatched up in a hot minute! lol

I'm still making progress and the knee is holding up somewhat.  My doctor is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--2 Chicken Strips, leftover Veggie Mix
2. Monday--Spinach Soufflé
3. Tuesday--Yogurt, Protein Shake
4  Wednesday--2 Chicken Strips or some other Protein in the freezer
5. Thursday--half a bag of Green Beans
6.  Friday--Salmon, Yogurt
7. Saturday--other half of Green Beans

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--2 Chicken strips, leftovers mixed veggies
2. Monday--Yogurt, 3 homemade Meatballs in Pasta Sauce
3. Tuesday--Yogurt, a small amount of something else I can't remember
4  Wednesday--a Vanilla Protein Drink, 6 strawberries
5. Thursday--6 Strawberries, Yellow Squash w/Onions
6.  Friday--Salmon, Sweet Potato Wedges
7. Saturday--a Chocolate Protein Drink,6 strawberries
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  I consulted a new PCP and my food plan was given the green light and my blood work came back aok. 8-)

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 Chicken Strips
*  3 Meatballs
*  10 Sweet Potato Wedges
*  a Hunk of Salmon

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 more bag of Veggies

Last week we spent $52.35 on grocery shopping.

Total come to $128.68 for June. 
 Total comes to $0 for July(so far).

There are 28 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $49.45 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $7.09 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned $11.00 on Shopmium in June.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in June.
I've earned 3,009 points from food shopping on Fetch in June.
I've earned 1,015 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That is $18.09 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $128.69 of grocery spending so in reality it's $110.60 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 58.05% and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 41.57% so far spent.

Leftovers going into this week...Nothing

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--half a bag of green beans
2. Monday--strawberries, Don't know as daughter is taking her dad out for a belated Father's Day meal.
3. Tuesday--a slice of smoked Brisket, yogurt
4  Wednesday--other half of meal out
5. Thursday--other half a bag of green beans
6.  Friday--a banana, Salad
7. Saturday-yogurt, Protein drink
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing except maybe a banana. lol
The only cooking I'm doing is a small beef brisket and heating up frozen veggies.
Right now there is still plenty in the freezer Hubs can partake of but are off limits to me right now.  Or he may go buy more tv dinners as he doesn't like to cook. lol

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.

Sluggy  

8 comments:

  1. As much as I like hot and spicy foods I draw the line at spicy marshmallows. Marshmallows should only legally be consumed in melty form as part os a s'more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you’re not missing out on strawberry season. I picked up another 8 pounds at Aldi on Sunday.

    Two zucchini should be ready to pick in a day or two so I’ll use them in pasta or as a pizza topping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No clue about any of it this week:
    DH has been having stomach problems, so everything I've thawed/planned is up in the air.
    I can eat the pepperoncini pork chops happily for a while, but I really don't care for white chili, which I thawed for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what knee surgery was at the finish line? No judgement. Many family members have gone through replacement and were encouraged to reduce as much as possible. I am probably going to have one in the very near future.

    Amy in NWPA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if you can eat {or even like} canned tuna {in water} but I always found a can of drained tuna mixed with brown mustard and relish to be not only low cal, but filling as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea mavis. Might try it. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Two of my kids had to do that diet for health reasons, the one that had her hips replaced twice on each side had to do the diet twice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it says hot on any food, I cannot eat it. Strangely, I can eat hot pepper jelly if it is made with cayenne peppers. I only want one Peep every year. I did not get that this year. Still, no.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.