Friday, July 7, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the July 7th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   

There are very few Frugal wins this past week and not everything here would be considered frugal but here goes......

*  Being on this restrictive short term eating plan meant we spent very little at the grocery store this past week.  The freezer is packed with food for Hubs to eat as long as he remembers to thaw something. lol

*  Been transferring a bazillion files from my old computer to my newer one.  Gosh I didn't realize I had so. many. files!

* We returned(well Hubs did)the smoker.  They redesigned this one it in such a way to it's now a piece of shit(technical term).  Don't buy this heap of garbage Meco make for Lowe's under the name Americana or Southern Country(Black-Model 5023I4.181) for $74.99.   


I now get to reorder the correct model(that they didn't fuck up yet).  The original design of this sold at BBQGuys.   Model 
5031U4.181  
This one they make for the big box stores is a mess and I'll spend the extra money 
to get the right one.

*  The only outing I had was to an Italian place that daughter took us to for a belated Father's day meal.  I had Lasagna Bolognese.  It didn't contain mozzarella or ricotta(or cottage cheese which I sub for the ricotta as I think it has more flavor).  They used a béchamel instead of the ricotta or cottage cheese)and Grana Padano.
It was very good and the Bolognese was to die for!  I brought half of it home to have another evening for dinner.  I think the recipe HERE is on point.

*  I found money!  
Well no, I didn't as I didn't leave the house all week except to go out for dinner on Tuesday.
Hubs found .21¢ in the self check-out machine at Walmart.  Since he went without me, he won't give it to me to include in MY found money(the big meanie!)

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year.......$2.47

That's all for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy 

5 comments:

  1. You tell DAn Hub's always gave me his found money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: do you ever pass up "found money"? I was in the ladies' room of a McDonald's somewhere between Connecticut and Ohio and there was a dime on the floor practically touching the toilet. (I passed it up. And yes, I could have picked it up and immediately washed my hands.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that as Bologna Lasagna. Ick. I bought bscb for $1.78/lb. I am going through large freezer as well as I can to make more room so I can buy more than that 11 lbs.
    BOGO Double Q Salmon did not come in, so got a rain check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked four zucchini this week and plan to use them as a pizza topping tomorrow.

    The sales at Kroger weren’t great but I managed to find enough to use a $10 off of $75 coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing seems frugal around these parts these days.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.