Monday, July 31, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Boring & More Boring Menus" Edition.....                                            


This is day 57 of the "diet".  After the colonoscopy I treated myself the next day after a PT session to late lunch out for Chinese food on Friday.  Love me some Asian cuisine.  Got Sesame Chicken and Broccoli(no rice).

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar(other than a bit of honey in some hot tea)nor any white food.....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday-Protein drink, 1 apple
2. Monday--Watermelon, Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, Yogurt cup(maybe)
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm, either more Yogurt or an apple
4  Wednesday--Prep Day, Clear Liquids
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--A dish with Shrimp, more Broccoli
7. Saturday--Yogurt drink, Collards or whatever is fresh at the store in the way of Veggies

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday-Protein drink, 1 apple
2. Monday--Watermelon, Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, 
3. Tuesday--Yogurt cup before PT, Chicken Parm, small Caesar Salad, 6 chunks of Watermelon 
4  Wednesday--Clear Liquids(drinks), Bone Broth, Jell-O ;-)
5. Thursday--a Cranberry/Walnut/Apple salad, a Hamburger patty w/Cheddar Cheese
6.  Friday--Lunch-Sesame Chicken w/Veggies(no rice)out-my reward for the procedure on Thursday, Dinner was 1 ear of corn and a bowl of Collards
7. Saturday-- Spinach Salad
Most of the plan happened when planned except for Friday and Saturday.

I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  I consulted my PCP and my food plan was given the green light and my blood work came back aok. 8-)

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 bag of Broccoli
*  4 portions of Chicken
*  1 Hamburger patty


What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 portions(for 2)Salmon
*  5 lbs. Ground Beef(made into patties, meatloaf, meatballs, hunks)
*  2 TV dinners
*  1 Pizza(for Hubs)
*  1 bag Green Beans
*  2 bags of Stir-Fry Veggies
*  3 bags of Chicken(1 Grilled, 2 Breaded)

Last week we spent $287.47 on grocery shopping.
We stocked up on more dog food, Protein drinks, Gatorade(for prep day), corn meal and assorted things we were out of as well as clearance produce deals, ready to eat salads and various meat deals.

Total shopping comes to $595.73 for July.   
There are 0 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $168.52 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $22.75 on Shopmium in July.
I've earned $21.00 on Coupons dotcom in July.
I've earned $1.00 on Kroger Cash Back in July.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in July.
I've earned 534 points from food shopping on Fetch in July.
I've earned 4,085 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July.
I've earned 46 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.

That is $213.27 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $595.73 of grocery spending so in reality it's $382.46 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.  That's a much more "normal" amount spent for me.

My savings percentage for the last week was 36.63% and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 39.18% so far spent.

Leftovers going into this week...nothing but a mac and cheese(Hubs), a helping of roasted veg, 2 Chicken Parms and a whole "mess" of Collards.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday-Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms, Collard Greens
2. Monday--Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, SF Jell-O
3. Tuesday--Protein drink, an apple, leftover SF Jell-O
4  Wednesday--Zucchini Fritters, more yogurt?
5. Thursday--Protein drink, a yogurt cup
6.  Friday--Something leftover(Collards)?
7. Saturday--Something else leftover(Chicken Marsala?)
I also drink, water(usually with lemon), iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice is not hard to do once you get past the first 3 or 4 days.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Not a thing.  I don't plan on going to the store this week except for a birthday card for my only Aunt.  Hubs is welcome to have the Marsala and the Fritters meals but otherwise he's on his own to fix what he wishes. :-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.

Sluggy  

4 comments:

  1. For dinners this week:

    Monday - sandwiches (BLT or deli ham). DD will be visiting, so I picked up some discounted lava cakes. She likes to have dessert when she comes over.

    Tues - jambalaya (taking some to a neighbor too)
    Wed - chick enchilada casserole (just need to layer the enchiladas and add cheese before baking)
    Thur - something with ground beef crumbles. (suggestions anybody?)
    Fri - leftover jambalaya
    Sat - peppercorn pork tenderloin.
    Sun - leftovers

    Lunches are often 'makeovers.' I took some lamb shepherd's pie out of the freezer, but, since i'm the only one who eats lamb, it'll all be for me.

    I bought a lot of discounted bacon at the grocery store today (1.5 lbs for $3.25). I bought 12 lbs. DH plans to smoke it. It doesn't come out crisp after smoking, so we cook it to add crispness. The flavor is excellent.

    I have most of a Sam's club pkg of romaine. Also lots of campari tomatoes and pickled okra, so our veg will be salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty rice for dinner tonight and then I need to grocery shop. What are your favorite protein drinks? Bailey likes the Premier peanut butter chocolate ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applause for this extreme intermittent fasting and loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m apparently ready for fall. Pot pie and potato leek soup are on the menu this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.