Friday, June 30, 2023

Frugal Friday......the June 30th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   

There are very few Frugal wins this past week and not everything here would be considered frugal but here goes......

*  Being on this restrictive short term eating plan meant we spent very little at the grocery store this past week.  The freezer is packed with food for Hubs to eat as long as he remembers to thaw something. lol

*  Got my bloodwork done.(See previous post)  Now to get approved to this special joint surgeon program through our insurance and have the appointment with my PCP in 11 days for the physical and to get med refills from this new dr.

*  We got a car port!  


Last Friday the guys who put it together arrived and they had it up lickety split!  It sort of matches the siding on the house.  


The funny thing when we went in to order it they had a whole collection of colors you could choose from, most of which were darker shades.  If I remember my basic science, dark color absorb heat and lighter colors reflect it.  Why in heavens name would you put up a dark shade colored car port if the point is to keep the sun off and the heat out of your car??  While it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have the side pieces match your siding on the house and make the top of the car part burgundy to match you fake window shutter details, it just kind of is counterproductive to it's purpose.  Now if we had a "real" garage instead of this "bubba" garage we could just keep the cars in there. ;-)

*  My  smoker finally arrived.  I had ordered it through Amazon on May 12th then  I found out they lost track of it back on May 15th and had no clue were it was, so I cancelled the sale and got my money back.


I found the same smoker(well they had redesigned it a bit so it was improved from the older version I left in PA)at Home Despot in stock and on sale so Hubs went to pick it up this past week.  Now I'm all set to do the smaller of the two slabs of beef brisket I cut into two pieces I bought awhile back for July 4th.  Yippee!  And my daughter found a sugar-free rub to use also.

*  On our trip to Walmart I found a box of Tetley decaffeinated tea bags on clearance for .85¢.  I also did lots of rebates and digital coupons this trip bringing my total OOP way down.  More on that on Monday during my Dining Table post.

*  I found money!  

One quarter on our only trip to Walmart this past week.

And notice it's a Louisiana state quarter with what looks like a whooping crane on it's back(which they have plenty of around here).  It should be a pelican as that's the State Bird but whatever.

Total Found in last Week.... .25¢
Total Found this Year.......$2.47

That's all for this past week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy 

7 comments:

  1. At my house, I would have killed for that carport after my real carport had to be removed! A dark one would probably stay looking nice longer, but the white/light carport would be my choice. Heck, I would have taken any color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't go to Rite Aid often, but needed a bunch of stuff, so ended up getting saving $23 (between RA rewards & Fetch) on a $55 purchase. Not bad, as I didn't plan it ahead, and it was just items we needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need your carport! It is on my list of things to get before I retire from my part time job. I held my breath a couple
    of weeks ago when parts of this state had hail. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love carports! We had one 29 years ago and I have wished for one ever since. Great deal on those tea bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used $5 off $25 and $10 off $75 purchase digital coupons at Kroger yesterday. There’s also a $35 off $275 coupon in my account but they don’t have much on sale right now.

    Every house in my neighborhood has a garage but we’re one of the few people that park in it. I peek inside when the doors are open and they’re piled high with junk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a bargain, too. I find my joy in the hunt and capture of the best ones! My girls call me cheap and turn their noses up, but my son follows i my footsteps! Saw you over at Val's place unbagging some comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I've moved, I have a better selection of stores. My sister recommended Aldi's for some basics, and she is right. I love specialty cheese, and they had some great deals, and deals on other items. Yes, Aldi's is now in my rotation.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.