Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Feeling like Catherine of Aragon today

Feeling very Catherine today.  Catherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first wife, who happens to be my 3rd Cousin 17 x removed.  We are both descended from John of Gaunt, the 1st Duke of Lancaster but through different wives of his.

 Women have been putting up with men's patriarchal shit long before her time but after what he did to her, she should have planted a 5 inch high heel in the middle of his forehead, if given the chance.  

Funny how history changed so due to Henry's older brother, Arthur, having died 6 months after wedding Catherine of Aragon, thus forming a strong alliance with Spain against France and Scotland so Henry married his dead older brother's wife.

How would the House of Tudor have played out if Henry had never gotten the kingdom?

Here's Catherine of Aragon's number from the musical "Six".

If you raise a daughter you'd be doing the worldwide  matriarchy a favor to make her as strong as Catherine was.

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. The world needs strong women!
    I'm looking forward to seeing "Six" next month! Did you enjoy the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is my role model. I miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed! Your analysis is right on point. BTW, recently took my fierce 11 and 13 year old granddaughters to SIX, and they loved it. I’m glad you’re home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the song! I'll have to look for the complete soundtrack for SIX, but yes, Catherine of Aragon was a force to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the proud mother of strong women!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you read the book Katherine by Anya Seton. It's about John of Gaunt and Katherine Swynford and their love for each other. Also The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory .

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.