Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Can't Anybody Read and Follow Instructions!?

 On my blog so as not to shut commenting down to readers without a Google Account I will post non-troll comments as long as you put your name or handle somewhere in your comment.  I keep getting comments from "UNKNOWN".  This is not considered putting your name or online alias on your comment. These comments will, going forward NOT be published.  I am just tired of some of these folks who can't follow a simple request.

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. You have no idea how tempted I was to post an anonymous comment. It is a personality defect for sure on my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you Joe, but then again I have kind of a 🖤

      Delete
  2. I comment frequently on other blogs and as long as I'm logged in through Google, my name comes up. But this is only when I am on the computer. When I comment from my phone, even though everything is set up similarly, it shows as Anonymous every time. So maybe that's the problem - people are commenting from their phone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kids tell me if you post from a phone it will come up unknown or anonymous...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.