Monday, June 26, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Weight Loss is Still the Focus" Edition.                                            



We went all the way to the Caribbean last December and this particular rum cake was being sold everywhere!  Who knew I would see it for sale at my local TJMaxx store here last month?   Not a fan so I didn't buy any. lol

I'm still making progress and the knee is holding up somewhat.  My doctor is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--a Protein Shake. leftover Brussels Sprouts
2. Monday--yogurt, maybe another Protein shake
3. Tuesday--Chicken thigh
4  Wednesday--Probably half a bag of veggies
5. Thursday--Grilled Salmon
6.  Friday--Spinach Soufflé
7. Saturday--The other half of the bag of veggies

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--a Protein Shake. leftover Brussels Sprouts
2. Monday--yogurt, another Protein shake
3. Tuesday--Chicken thigh, small helping of steamed Broccoli
4  Wednesday--a cup of yogurt, A Protein Shake
5. Thursday--1/2 of a Spinach Salad with Walnuts, Cranberries and Feta Cheese w/a Balsamic Reduction
6.  Friday--a cup of Yogurt, a Protein Shake
7. Saturday--The other half of the Spinach Salad

We went out for trivia on Thursday but I found something suitable to eat there(a salad that was enough for two meals so brought half of it home).

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  I consulted a new PCP and my food plan was given the green light.  

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  3 Chicken Thighs
*  a bag of broccoli
*  Beer Bratwursts(Hubs)
*  some honey battered Chicken(Hubs)
*  a bag of mixed veggies(Hubs and I shared)

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 bags of frozen veggies

Last week we spent $9.59 on grocery shopping.

 Total comes to $75.74 for June.

There are 4 shopping days in June.

I've earned $2.10 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned $0 on Shopmium in June.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in June.
I've earned 1,165 points from food shopping on Fetch in June.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in June.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That is $2.10 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $75.74 of grocery spending so in reality it's $73.64 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 39.69% and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 41.23% so far spent.

Leftovers going into this week...Some bratwurst(for Hubs).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--2 Chicken strips, leftovers mixed veggies
2. Monday--Spinach Soufflé
3. Tuesday--Yogurt, Protein Shake
4  Wednesday--2 Chicken Strips or some other Protein in the freezer
5. Thursday--half a bag of Green Beans
6.  Friday--Salmon, Yogurt
7. Saturday--other half of Green Beans
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.
This one mini-meal per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Got it all here.  Might need more protein shakes this week and some lemons. Hubs will either do his own thing or supplement other foods when I do the salmon.  Right now there is plenty in the freezer he can partake of but are off limits to me right now.  Or he may go buy more tv dinners as he doesn't like to cook. lol

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.


Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. I had double knee replacement 4 years ago, and I recommend it. My pain level went from constant 4 (worse at times) to ZERO. It's worth the temporary sacrifices.

    MENU
    Mon:
    lunch - steamed wontons
    dinner - turkey+bacon sandwiches

    Tue:
    lunch - leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches
    dinner - ravioli (w/ pesto? or red sauce?)

    Wed:
    lunch - leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches
    dinner - meatloaf, potato salad

    Thur:
    lunch - leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches
    dinner - turkey quesadillas

    Fri:
    lunch - leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches
    dinner - leftovers? gotta use them up.

    Saturday:
    lunch - leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches
    dinner - white chili (from freezer)

    Sunday:
    lunch - leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches
    dinner - pork chops from freezer...How to cook them to make them tender? They're very lean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPs. Forgot that I thawed a pork tenderloin. Maybe Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We gotta do what we gotta do and will ignore the naysayers. We had tacos for dinner tonight and will have salmon and chicken that I know of so far for dinners this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been eating about two pounds of strawberries per day. Tomorrow is the last day of the sale so I’m planning to pick up some more. We have pasta salad and that’s the extent of my plan for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just in awe of your ability to eat so little.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.