Thursday, June 29, 2023

The Provocative Passions of Purple

 I had blood drawn for labs this past Monday.  I was all decked out in purple that day as is my want.  Purple dress, shoes, and handbag.  As the phlebotomist led me into the lab she commented that I looked like a queen as purple has always been the color associated with royalty.  She also said it was her favorite color and wished instead of the black scrubs she was required to wear, she could reveal her true identity as a queen by donning the royal color.

She drew the blood, removed the "thingy"(highly technical term ya know), put a gauze over where she had taken the blood and reached for the vivid blue stretchy tape to wrap around the crook of my left arm.  Then she stopped, tossed that length of blue tape into the trash can, opened a drawer saying, "Oh, that just won't do", reached in and removed a roll of purple bandaging tape to hold the gauze in place.  "You just NEED this color instead", she said and we both chuckled over this moment of bonding because of our shared love of purple!

And incidentally, being Louisiana(the home of the "Who Dat?" Nation and LSU)I should have known they would have that tape in this color. lol

Sluggy  the Purple Princess

11 comments:

  1. Yesterday, I got pink and was really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she thought to do that. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun nurse! I love when people make the most of their day and are so delightful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geaux Tigers! My bedroom is also painted purple… lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geaux Tigers! My bedroom is also painted LSU purple… lol But my hallway is Roll Tide Red and living room is Roll Tide gray.. lol. One kid graduated from LSU, and one kid from Alabama.
    Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly we now know who the favorite child is in YOUR family now! ;-)

      Delete
    2. Only daughter out of four kids… lol Loved going to LSU to visit her!!!!! She is spoiled rotten by all of us. Cindy in the South

      Delete
  6. I wish I could get a bandage that echoed my personality, but I am neither a royal nor a girly girl. What is the color of a scullery maid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an easy one.....brown tape with black hearts!

      Delete
  7. Jre I hope this doesn’t bore you but a funny tale from about 1992 ish. I loved purple and had a deep but bright purple pantsuit. velour purple tunic top and matching pants, solid color with a gold emblem stitched on the front. Well I heard my two year waking up from his nap and I walked in and he was standing there and just lit up! And said “Barney”, note I’m not thin and then it hit me, I probably did look like Barney ha! It was not worn again. I own several purple things still including a coat, so I still love the color but a two year old is honest!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.