Monday, June 12, 2023

This Week on the Dinng Table

  The "Weight Loss is the Focus" Edition.                                            


This photo is for Kim.  In our time in Belfast(in Northern Ireland  but what I refer to as "Fake Ireland") the bus dropped us off by the town hall which had a full blown Spring market going on, on their grounds.  Besides the souvenir and hard goods vendors there was every type of tempting food.  Dinky Donuts was one of the temptations I had to dodge.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned the first week.......
...*Sunday to Saturday there was no plan. Duh.

And here's what actually happened........\

1. Sunday--bowl of green beans(lightly sauce)
2. Monday--another bowl of green beans(lightly sauced). 
3. Tuesday--a small Caesar salad with Chicken and Feta
4.Wednesday--1 cup of yogurt
5. Thursday--half of a restaurant Walnut, Cranberry and Spinach Salad with a Balsamic vinagirete dressing on the side 
6.  Friday--3 Chicken fingers from Zaxby's
7. Saturday--the other half of that salad from Thursday

I guess you'd call this an extreme intermittent fasting deal with many supplements to keep all my innards working and healthy.  So I have been less than focused on Kitchen stuff.  Hubs has always taken care of his own breakfast needs,  I have been helping him at Lunch with ideas for meals he'd enjoy that are easy. I know one lunch he ate light, 2 lunches were canned chili with or without Burritos and he was sick and just had hot tea and Mucinex another 
For dinner, well 3 of the 4 TV dinner he bought are gone, he was still on the hot tea and Mucinex. then  the two meals out/take-out he had were different items than me.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  4 TV Dinners

Last week we spent $54.33 on grocery shopping.  Hubs made a stop at Walmart and then on Thursday we went to arrange for a carport to be built and right by there was an Ollies*Good Stuff Cheap!)and I had a 15% off discount offer and it was expiring yesterday so we picked up a few foods items there-mostly sauces, spicesbut a few convenience type stuff for  Hubs while I continue this reduction journey.  Total to $54.33 for June .

There are 18 shopping days in June

I've earned $0 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned $0 on Shopmium in June.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in June.
I've earned 240 points from food shopping on Fetch in June.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in June.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.Tuesday, a bigger Caesar salad and half od a Muffeletta sandwich on Thursday. a Zaxby's chicken sandwch with fries and a Coke and I didn't notice on Friday nor Saturday.

That is $0 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $0 of grocery spending so in reality it's $0 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 43.78% and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 43.78% so far spentl

Leftovers going into this week...chicken fingers

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--2 Chicken strips from Zaxby's
2. Monday--Some sort of Veggies TBD
3. Tuesday--a piece of salmon
4  Wednesday--Daughter's cooking(hopefully There's made a veggie dish)or more leftover Chicken Strips or yogurt or 
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--Probably half a bag of veggies
7. Saturday--The other half of the bag of veggie,
I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), hot tea with lemon and honey and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated. I  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced tas with lemom added.
This one minimeals per day where I change between vegetable matter and a lean protein and a yogurt cup when these other meals won't suffice.  There also is a regime of supplements I am currently on, either to maintain my body's condition or were already taking them for various conditions.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Well Hubs beat it to the grocery store unbenownst to me on Monday(going rogue)and mostly purchased tv dinners and bags of frozen veg there because he is still eating 3 x a day.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  I confess that I don't need to buy anything right now nor have I had any desire to read the ads.


Sluggy  




7 comments:

  1. No dinky donuts, how sad. And were they really dinky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't get close enough to tell as not to smell their carb goodness. But not as dinky as I wish I was right now and they screamed at me as I sauntered past. lol

      Delete
  2. How do you manage the hunger with those small meals (if you remain hungry). I can eat less, but then I struggle later and fail with hunger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first answer is I am laser focused on a goal and with the first week's jet lag hunger didn't call my name. lol I hydrate a lot! keeping yourself full with non-caloric liquids goes a long way to staving off the hunger. And then so #1 above again. 8-)

      Delete
  3. That looks like a k-pop diet. Hope you don’t stick with it for too long!
    I made two pizzas topped with zucchini, tomatoes and onions last night. I’ll need a second dinner option but not sure what yet. Strawberries have been on sale the last few weeks and I’ve been eating at least a pound a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of that diet but not quite. I had bariatric surgery classes 10 years or so ago so I know what I am doing. Will be confirming with new dr. tomorrow and make adjustments.

      Delete
  4. You only eat that one thing each day? I would faint. With diabetes, I cannot do that. I get so hungry having hypoglycemia. I really need to lose lots of weight. I weigh almost three times what I did when I graduated high school! I need a plan. Is this a doctor prescribed diet or are you doing this on your own? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.