Thursday, June 15, 2023

This Move Was Destiny I Tell Ya!

 No matter what, I may belong where the Powers that Be dropped me.

When I was living in the remoteness of the Poconos in PA I'd spend a lot of my time in my beloved little white Chevette to get to any place to shop, go to the doctor, etc.  I had a tape deck in that car(my wedding present from the Hubs).  Driving through those forests along mostly deserted back roads I'd crank up tapes of Dwight Yoakam and Mary Chapin Carpenter, etc.....the big guns of country music in the mid 1980's. I even was going through a Zydeco phase then.

This was one of my favorites on my MCC tape.............listen to the lyrics and you'll see why I feel like I'm home(mostly)here.  If I can't afford to live in the Virginia of my childhood, this is pretty darn close to being in the parts of rural Virginia where we spent time with my mother's people. Except it's much hotter. 8-)


9 comments:

  1. Yay baby! I feel ya on that!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jre Loved this! I love Virginia. I can’t type it all out but I had an infamous trip there in April! The Va part was great. I took the Amtrak to Charlottesville (from Mn via New Orleans… don’t ask although a blizzard, missed connection in Chicago, a beautiful suite paid for by Amtrak then in Chinatown in Chicago, (a bank robbery in Chicago) a then train track derailment between NOL to Va which had Amtrak put us all on a not nice bus for 13 hours to Birmingham to actually get on on the train north was a little bit of it….. But I rented a car in Charlottesville for a week when I finally got there and drove all over, Williamsburg, Edenton NC to Boone…. What a crazy trip but I love that area and still Amtrak (maybe ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotter, wetter, with more snakes and alligators. Plus really big and creepy bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that music. If I could still dance like that, I would be a happy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! A shout out from my (very rural) part of the Shenandoah Valley of Va

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my faves (love me some Mel McDaniel.) Maybe you'll like this one too. https://youtu.be/W6M49ac8rGs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I heard her in concert last Thursday in Scottsdale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, love that music!! SuzInWA

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.