Tuesday, June 27, 2023

The Secret Yahoo Life of Slugmama

 Much like that old movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", Slugmama had a secret life on Yahoo.


Photo I got by mistake of a Chinese New Year celebration from a complete stranger which was meant for someone else.

It started back in November of 2007.  I started getting weird emails from strangers--vu thuy, Arlene, Rowena Okumara and Melody.  Evidently some other person used the email handle slugmmama@yahoo,com.  My yahoo handle is slugmama@yahoo.com.  Her slugmmama had 1 extra "m' in her handle.  Can y'all see the different spelling??  Evidently Yahoo couldn't see it!

For some reason Yahoo kept sending me HER mail.  I contacted Yahoo numerous times over this issue, them sending her email responses to my account.
But the dimwits manning the Customer Service couldn't seem to SEE that slugmama is spelled differently from slugmmama!

So after getting no where with CS for a full month I just gave up and kept getting this other person's emails folks where replying to me and not her.

ARGH!!!

So I just stopped trying to get this straightened out and watched emails meant for slugmmama roll in....posts about the Chinese Zodiac for 2009, pics of someone's young child, a post entitled "Kung hee fat choy!" with a photo from a Chinese New Year party with a dragon(above), a dilemma about which dress to pick for her Wedding dress, an invitation to the Jessica's Traveling trunk show, a photo of Peach Pie that one of them had in Atlanta, etc.  So I just sat back and watched this parade go by.  

The last email I got was 1/1/2013 wishing "me" a Happy New Year.  I guess they actually got a competent employee on board who found the "problem" in their coding or whatever and I ceased to receive all these misdirected emails.

It was hilarious while it lasted.

Has Yahoo ever misdirected someone else's mail to your email address and then told you YOU were the insane one?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I thought the internet was infallible. You know--garbage in garbage out.

    I was getting email for me but sent in 1938, over and over again. Once in a while that starts again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was employed with the school, I had an email through Outlook. There was another Lorraine in the school system and she worked in bookkeeping. I would get invoices for stuff that needed to be approved, lol. I guess the senders would put the name Lorraine in the address box and it auto filled with the first Lorraine that came up, not realizing there was more than one. I just ended up forwarding all the emails to her because trying to tell the senders they got the wrong person was getting tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not via yahoo, but google send me emails for Adam and Ashley all the time. It seems Adam missed a deadline for a project and Ashley was kicked out of her college study group because she was not pulling her weight

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.