Monday, March 22, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Things Turned Around Quickly Here" Edition.......


That's me after getting my first Covid shot last week. 
Last Monday turned out to be a good day....first the dentist had a cancellation so I got my broken tooth taken care of that day and then that night I found a shot appointment for the following evening.  The only negative was that the appointment was a 1.75 hour ride away and we get to do that again in about 21 days. But I am NOT complaining! ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On-
This is what was planned....
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself
2. Monday--Chicken Parmesan, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Squash Casserole, Tossed Salad
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs, Sweet Potato Fries
5. Thursday--Leftovers and Cabbage
6.  Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Assorted Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself
2. Monday--Fend For Yourself(I had garlic mashed taters-broken tooth)
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburgers at BK(we were driving home)
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parmesan, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Hot Dogs, leftover Macaroni Salad
6.  Friday--Broiled Salmon, leftover Sweet Potato Fries, leftover Collards
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself(I had a big salad/Hubs had chili)

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out. 
Not being able to eat "real food" because of my tooth threw the menu off and made for more FFY nights.  I had another salad and veggies for lunches since dinners were light on veggies this week.

We seem to be in a meal rut lately.  I just don't feel inspired to cook.  I've been making stuff Hubs likes that I don't necessarily eat or like(chili, meatballs/spaghetti, taco meat).  I can't just make a little of those things(sort of like making soup)so he eats them over the course of the week(and/or for lunches)and I just find a little something for myself or just eat part of the meal.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 pack of Beef strips(2 meals worth)
*  1 pack of thin sliced Pork chops(2 meals worth)

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Breaded Chicken cutlets
* 1 bag of Mozzarella Cheese
*  a pack of Hot Dogs

We spent $81.63 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week-1 tiny trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets for salmon and tea, 1 trip to Walmart, 1 trip to Dollar General and 1 trip to Discount Outlet. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $216.52 for March so far.

There are 9 shopping days left in March.

I've earned $151.23 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $.05 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $9.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in March.
I've earned 1,130 points from shopping on Fetch in March($1.13)
I've earned 10,200 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in March($40.80)
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in March.

My savings percentage for last week was 60.19%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for March and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 57.50%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week--Chili, Hot Dogs and 2 Chicken Parm.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--leftover Chicken Parm sandwiches, Asparagus
3. Tuesday--"Sort of" Rueben Sandwiches, sauté Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Beef Stir-Fry w/Noodles
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Squash Casserole
6.  Friday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself
7. Saturday--Assorted Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing though we'll need milk later this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Weis deals won't change until April sometime but I'll be doing the rest of the items for the $10 Ibotta March Bonus so there will be spending this week...hopefully not much however.

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. I took a package of chicken breasts, one of legs, and one of thighs. So, it will be chicken around here mostly. I am going to make Spanish rice and chicken, chicken parm, and other chicken creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on not being able to make "little" amounts and there is only so much you want to take up freezer space. I should come over-I love those things. What do you feel like eating, Maybe start there and make hubs adapt to what you feel like eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good even when you didn't eat it

    ReplyDelete
  4. There have not been great deals here since the pandemic started, but who knows? Perhaps this will be the week things change. I doubt it but maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get your first shot, and I hope your mouth is doing better from the broken tooth. The weather has been nice here for a few days, so I had hubby grill some hamburgers and chicken. Yay for not having to cook much for a couple of days. Not sure what I will fix for the rest of the week, probably a stir fry since I have veggies I need to use, maybe a pork loin or pork chops, and enchiladas, and a frozen pizza ...nothing exciting but good enough. :)
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same about some of the things that John likes to eat. I love tacos but NOT the ones he likes that are made from ground beef. Same with chili, not a favorite! We never make meat sauce so pasta dishes do work for me.

    John just came out of the hospital and at the moment he doesn't care what I feed him. We have been on a food program for seniors since last July. The purpose of the state/county program was to assist the food industry during covid and provide healthy food for seniors. When we began the program I had just fractured my back and really had problems fixing meals. I'm feeling much better now.. Hopefully as things open up state wide the food industry will be able to get back on it's feet. We were fortunate to have been partnered with a catering company. We do enjoy most of their menus. Until weddings and other events resume I suspect they will be happy to continue the program.

    I was able to take John for his 2nd (very overdue) vaccination. You should have seen me muscling a new to us wheelchair in and out of my little Forrester. I am so thankful that both of us are vaccinated now. We haven't seen my/our daughter in more than a year but they will be in town next weekend and we will be able to see and embrace them Both my daughter & her husband had Covid. Mike was infected by his business partner.....who had gotten it from his Aunt. Both the Aunt and the partner did not survive covid.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.