Monday, March 29, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Mmm...Tacos" Edition.......


Saw this tote bag on my foray into Walmart last week and had to take a photo of it.  Now don't you want tacos too? lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On-
This is what was planned....
1. Sunday--Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--leftover Chicken Parm sandwiches, Asparagus
3. Tuesday--"Sort of" Rueben Sandwiches, sauté Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Beef Stir-Fry w/Noodles
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Squash Casserole
6.  Friday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself
7. Saturday--Assorted Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--leftover Chicken Parm, Asparagus, Sweet Potato Wedges
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself or Nothing(We had a big lunch out)
4. Wednesday--Primo Subs
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Squash Casserole
6.  Friday--Beef Stir-Fry w/Noodles
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY, and 2 night of Take-Out/Eating Out. 

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 hunk of Coho Salmon
*  2 lbs. Shrimp
*  1 large Frozen Lasagna
*  1 lb. of Ground Beef

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1/2 pack of Beef strips
*  1/2 pack of thin sliced Pork chops
*  1/2 bag Stir-Fry Veggies

We spent $101.10 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week-1 small trip and another even smaller trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets, 1 trip to Walmart, 1 trip to Dollar General, 1 trip to Ocean State Job Lot and 1 trip to Discount Outlet. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $317.32 for March so far.

There are 2 shopping days left in March.

I've earned $188.18 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $1.05 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $9.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in March.
I've earned 3,568 points from shopping on Fetch in March($3.56)
I've earned 10,200 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in March($40.80)
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in March.

My savings percentage for last week was 36.42%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for March and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 52.53%.(w/out R-A).  Last week was a not so good week percentage savings wise but we can't hit it out of the ballpark every week/month.

Leftovers going into this week--Beef Stir-Fry, 2 helpings of Squash Casserole.  That's it.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Rigatoni w/Meat and Mushroom Sauce, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--No Clue Yet ;-)
4. Wednesday--Halushki
5. Thursday--Chicken, Veggies TBD(Hubs is cooking)
6.  Friday--Tempura Shrimp, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potato Wedges
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Except for Tuesday I am good.  Will probably dig something out of the freezer for that night.  

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Weis deals won't change until April sometime after Easter so other than maybe buying a discounted ham this week and a dozen eggs I am good.  I might wait and buy those 2 items later in the week so they would go on April's tally.  If I even buy the ham since I still don't know where/who we'll be doing Easter at/with.  Things are still very much up in the air here for the holiday meal.

Sluggy




6 comments:

  1. That bag is funny, especially since we are having tacos for supper tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. we didn't do well on staying on any kind of plan. I hope to do better with some prepping ahead a couple days

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a sort of Rueben sandwich? Squash casseole sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes now I want tacos and it is 1:30 in the morning.
    There are no deals herevon things I need, but all I need is produce and a loaf of real bread for TheHub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kroger was out of several things in my pickup order so my two week plan is messed up. Apparently we’re back to a tofu shortage so I’m going to try sautéing silken. Normally I use it pumpkin pie but we’ll see how it goes.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.