Friday, March 12, 2021

Frugal Friday.....The March 12th Edition

 Here are the few things that happened around here this past week that are considered frugal.......

*  My shoe order arrived!

2 weeks ago now I ordered 4 pair of ugly shoes to wear in the house that were clearanced at 75% off from Easy Spirit.
I am actually very pleased with what they look like!  The online photo(at least how it showed on my computer)showed them as peach w/grey ferns/palm fronds but IRL they are green and peach, not grey.  So they aren't as butt ugly as I thought they'd be which is a bonus.  The best part was the low price of $14.75 per pair for shoes with support for my feet. 8-)

*  I got off of the CVS Extra Care Bucks hamster wheel this week.


The case of water I brought home was free and these wipes only cost me $2.07 OOP after sale/Q/ECBs and I earned no new ECBS back.  I gave CVS a good try for most of 2020 but it's just not as good as Rite-Aid for me(and not as close by to where I live which is a factor in the Winter here)so I am done with them.

*  We hit the discount outlet on Wednesday.  I spent a whole $19.45--on 2 large bags of Collard Greens(.79¢ each), a box of tea($1.99), a small port wine cheese ball($1.29), 1 large box of Krusteaz cornbread mix(.89¢), a quart of macaroni salad($179), 1.09 lb. of fresh green beans(.59¢ lb.), 2.59 lb. yellow squash(.39¢ lb.), 1.82 lb. bananas(.29¢ lb.), a bag of granola(.79¢).  Almost $9.00 of my OOP was spent on this though.....

6 x12 pack bags of Pirate's Booty.  I know it's branded for Halloween but it's still in date for freshness.
I did a deal at Rite-Aid earlier this year because it was free.  I'd never tried this snack before then and man, oh man!  I love it!!!  It's sort of a cross between Cheetos and popcorn(but not as salty as Cheetos which I can't stand).  A 6 oz. bag of this will run you $5.99 at Weis(PMITA)Markets.  These were 6 oz. bags total for $1.49 each.  Sluggy for the win! lolz

*  We also picked up two freebies at the discount outlet while there.....


2 bottle of Triple Sec Syrup(sorry for the blurry photo).  Do I hear Margaritas calling my name this Summer?;-)


And 2 large bags of corn tortilla chips.  We'll give one bag to Ex-College Boy tonight when he comes over.
Tip-even if tortilla chips or shells are stale, you can pop them in the oven to dry them out and make them crispy again.

*  I hit Walmart and Weis this past weekend and finished two Ibotta Bonuses as well as all the regular Ibotta rebates....


Between the two stores I spent $53.68(that total was with using a $25 free gift card)on Ibotta/Shop Kick items, earned $62.51 back in rebates so I got paid $8.83 to bring all that home. 8-)

*  I returned to Weis the next day on Sunday to get this.....

$5 because the Catalina didn't print on Saturday.  I had to show the Deal from the ad on my phone(and I bought my receipt and all 6 of the items that qualified for the deal with me).  Abe went into my post coupon/store refund envie to be added back into the food budget at the end of 2021.


*  I found money!


Picking up an Rx at Rite-Aid on Saturday I found this penny.


While self-checking out at Walmart I saw these 2 pennies in the change return of the machine I was using.


I noticed a coin under the machine next to me so I waited until the person using it was finished and left and scoop up the dime on the left.  As I turned around to leave I spied another dime about 2 feet out into the open area of the self-checkouts so that FDR went home with me too. ;-)


When I went back to Weis on Sunday to get my $5 refund for the Catalina that didn't print I spied this penny under one of the self-checkout machines.

Total Found This Week.... .24¢
Total Found This Year....$1.52

That's about all I got this week.


Any frugal wins in your world this past week?
Tell us all about them!

Sluggy




8 comments:

  1. Love Pirates Booty-rarely get it because of cost and that I have no restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week for you, Sluggy. I like your Easy Spirit shoes. I signed up for their emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We switched to Mint Mobile for phone service. Had to buy new phones but it’s $15 per month vs $45.

    I found a dime in the Aldi parking lot last weekend and that’s pretty much it.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal on comfortable shoes, and I think they look good.
    No rite aid here anymore, but I am jealous of your deals. I have given up on cvs too.
    That pirates booty is good stuff. I tried it on a weekly deal one time. Think it may be healthier than most snacks too. But put a bag of those ritz toasted sour cream and onion chips in front of me, and I would eat the whole bag.
    Hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are not bad at all. I'm glad they were prettier than the picture. But, some days comfort trumps beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am envious of your shoe deal. I wear shoes in the house all the time and yours look like the prefect shoe for comfort and support. I would love to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those shoes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear me nothing frugal this week; we are bleeding money.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.