Tuesday, March 2, 2021

2021 Food Spending Report....the February Edition

 Onward to February's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for FEBRUARY 2021.

I have posted February's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in February.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2-3 eating at home this month). No "kids" under 25. (I don't count all the "freebies" I get at the Discount Outlet in my totals either.)
*****************
AMAZON
OOP  $0.00
Value  $65.02
Savings 100%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $4.00
Value  $12.27
Savings  67.40%

CVS
OOP  $2.30
Qs/Ads/ECBs  $22.85
Value  $25.15
Savings 90.85%

MALACARI'S
OOP  $21.09
Value  $33.89
Savings  37.77%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $4.12
Value  $8.25
Savings 50.06 %

P and R DISCOUNTS
OOP  $44.05
Value  $95.77
Savings   54.00%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC  $893.36
Value  $893.36
Savings  100%

WALMART
OOP  $28.30
Value  $114.10
Savings  72.20%

WEIS
OOP  $108.11
Qs/Sales  $51.41
Value  $159.52
Savings  32.23%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, Amazon at 100% and CVS at 90.85%.   My worst savings rate was at Weis with 32.23%.
I shopped at 9 different stores in February(and one of those was online).  

TOTAL Spent in February......................$211.97
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$302.00
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.........$513.97
TOTAL Savings of ................................58.76%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for February w/R-A........$211.97
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A.................$1195.36
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid...$1407.33
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items...................84.94%

This closes out the February food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into February wanting to have a lower spending month and I did. ;-)  Most of my lack of more spending was due to a lack of good sales and then bad weather for most of the month so I wasn't going to stores.  I still got some good deals and kept the OOP fairly low considering.  We ate more from the freezer/pantry than we did in January which is a very good thing.  The freezer is getting less full by the week now and it's noticeable.
Even with this low of a spending month we still had things to give to our youngest son and for donating to the local food bank.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by .88% in February 2021 to 84.94% compared to the January's 84.06% savings average.  I'll take an almost full percentage point rise any day! lol

With 2 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $507.19 on food/toiletries in 2021.

2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$507.19
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items....$3259.70
2020 Grand Total Saved..............................$2752.51
2020 Yearly Savings Total............84.44%

The average per month amount spent is $253.6 in 2021 so far.

LOOKING AHEAD To March 2021...........
Well I really haven't thought about March yet.  Still recovering from February. lolz  I guess we'll continue to try to eat from the pantry/freezer.  For us that means only buying something if I run out and need it, buying fresh produce and dairy as needed and buying if I find a stellar deal on items we use(not including Rite-Aid where I buy "the deals aka the freebies or almost freebies" and pass on what we can't/don't use to the Food Bank, Ex-College Boy and into Giveaways).


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in February?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Yu did keep your February grocery spending low and what a great savings rate. I love that you get so much free at Rite Aid, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good numbers Sluggy. I broke our February grocery budget :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy what we need at Kroger and get out as fast as I can. We have a mask mandate but some people still ignore it. Way too many people still have their stupid noses sticking out or a mask dangling on an ear. 😒 My mother works 8-12 hour shifts as a nurse with a K95 and somehow survives.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely up for keeping track of spending and keeping costs as low as possible while still eating healthy and well. I'd really like to stick to a budget of $150 for a month for dh, ds, & myself. I think it is doable as we have 2 very full freezers and pantry. As long as there are no rogue shopping trips by dh or myself when we are hungry and there is "nothing to eat", we should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually shocked at how little I spend on groceries. I only have to buy milk tomorrow. Have no idea if there will be any good sales.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.