Monday, March 8, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Woman Day" Edition....

Today is International Woman's Day so here's a little musical entertainment for you to enjoy.......



Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On-
This is what was planned....
1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Broiled Salmon, Sweet Potato Wedges, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Cheeseburger, Fries(maybe), assorted leftover side dishes or a Salad

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Chinese Take-Out
7. Saturday--Fend For Yourself

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.
Mostly everything planned was cooked/served except the  

What got put into the freezer last week....
* a whole chicken
* 1 bag of shredded cheese

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  ground turkey
*  ground beef
*  1/2 bag of meatballs
*  1 lb. breakfast sausage
*  1 pack of Hot Italian sausage

We spent $71.52 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week-1 trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets and 1 trip to Walmart where I used a free $25 gift card earned from Swag Bucks points. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $71.52 for March so far.

There are 23 shopping days left in March.

I've earned $50.31 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $0.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in March.
I've earned 25 points from shopping on Fetch in March.
I've earned 3075 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in March.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in March.

My savings percentage for last week was 49.74%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for March and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 49.74%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week--Chicken n' Dumplings, Beef Pie.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Broiled Salmon, Sweet Potato Wedges, Asparagus
2. Monday--Chili, Spanish Rice
3. Tuesday--Leftover Chicken n' Dumplings
4. Wednesday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, Sauteed Cabbage
5. Thursday--Leftover Beef Pie
6.  Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Cheeseburger, Fries(maybe), assorted leftover side dishes or a Salad

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Not such great deals here unless I go to the discount food outlet.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds good, Sluggy. Especially the Chili, Spanish Rice. I hadn't thought of that combo before, but it sounds really appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fend for yourself night, Hubs does not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think it would be nice if every night were fend for yourself! TheHub is a crappy cook but he can flat out do some food procuring.
    Thanks for the Peggy Lee song.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.