Friday, March 5, 2021

Frugal Friday 2021....The March 5th Edition

 Here's what passed for frugal around Chez Sluggy this past week.........

*  I have done NO Rite-Aid shopping this week!  No good or free deals for my needs and none of my Bonus Cash is expiring until 3/17 so I'll wait for better sales next week.

*  I haven't grocery shopped yet this week/month as we don't "need" anything but milk.  Might go to the Discount Outlet later today, might not. ;-)


*  I had a dr. appointment on Tuesday a.m. so since it was lunch time afterwards I went to Applebee's to pick up a  salad w/chicken.  I used a free gift card to pay. 

* On Sunday I got an email from Easy Spirit about a clearance sale on select styles of shoes.  Because of foot issues I need to wear shoes at all time.  Because of having very wide feet I wear Easy Spirits almost exclusively.  Easy Spirits are NOT cheap though!  So I jumped on this clearance deal because my last two pair of indoor shoes(they are about 6 years old-I alternate between 2 pair at a time so I've been wearing these 2 for the last 3 years)were about worn out and causing me discomfort.  I found a pair of the above style(can't get the old style I was using as they don't make it anymore)75% off in my size in a pretty ugly fabric(thus why they were on clearance).  I really don't care what these house shoes look like and for $14.75 a pair they were a great deal!  I bought 4 pairs and got free shipping as well.  These should last me another 6 years. 8-)

*  I found money!


I found this penny hiding under the candy rack next to the self-checkout I used at Walmart last Friday.


I found this dime at Rite-Aid last Saturday by the pharmacy counter when I picked up an Rx.


That same day/trip I found a nickel and a penny at R-A, one in front of the check-out counter in front and the penny tucked under the candy rack next to the counter.


Tuesday I found this dime in the parking lot next to my car at Applebee's.  I didn't see it until I went to get back into my car and the sun hit it just right.


On Wednesday Hubs and I were doing a little deep cleaning(Spring anyone?)in our bedroom and I found this dime under the bed on my side.  My side equals my dime. lolz

I was a big week for FDRs! ;-)

Found Money This Week.... .37¢
Found Money This Year....$1.28

That's about it from here this week.


What frugal wins did y'all have lately?


Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. You can find enough money to pay for those shoes, a great deal for Easy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Rite Aid call you to make sure you were OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you two quit blessings hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You & Anne crack me up...lol

    Love the shoes. Turquoise is my favorite shade of blue! That's an awesome stock up price. I would've bought multiple pairs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes I got aren't fabulously turquoise tho. Couldn't find a photo of them online now but when they arrive you'll see how more "butt ugly" they are. lol

      Delete
  5. Such a great deal you got on the Easy Spirit shoes. I went and checked them out. They have some very nice styles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no frugality but quite the opposite: at the store I went for the expensive tidbits as I wanted them.
    I found some money too - when I do so I think of you now.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.