Saturday, March 13, 2021

Ibotta Again!

 I got a $5 wybuy 10 items Ibotta Bonus this weekend.  I didn't relish the idea of going far from home(Walmart)so I sat down with the new Weis(PMITA)Markets ad to see if between there and Rite-Aid I could come up with 10 items with rebates that could get me to the $5 Bonus that would give me a low OOP and were also things we could use or needed.
I also had a $10 free prepaid debit card(from a Neutrogena Deal last year)to use that is expiring at the end of March.

Here is what I came up with......


The Playtex tampons were bought at Rite-Aid.  On sale for BOGO50% so $8.98.  I used a $3/2 L2CQ so total was $5.98 paid for with Bonus Cash.  This earned me $2 back in new BC and $5.10 in Ibotta rebates(2 x $2.50 Playtex, .10¢ any feminine product).  Now I needed 8 more rebates.
(I should have gone to R-A before as I didn't realize I had an any item rebate on the tampons, so I ended up getting 9 more rebate items at Weis. duh)

2 x Scotties triple soft boxes were $2.50.
1 x Breakstone cottage cheese was part of a Buy 6/Get $3 more off Deal=$1.99
1 x Philly cheesecake dessert was also part of $3 Deal=$3.00
1 x Musselman's apple sauce part of $3 Deal=$2.79
2 x King Arthur flour part of $3 Deal=$4.98 both
1 x Truvia sweetener part of $3 Deal=$3.49
2 x Bigelow tea bags(had to get 2 for deal price)=$4.94
1 x Quaker oatmeal=$2.50
1 x Quaker oatmeal packets=$2.50

SubTotal.....$28.69

I used 2 x .65¢/1 Scotties IPQs which each doubled to $1.30/1=$2.60
$28.69-$2.60=$26.09.
I used the $10 debit card so my OOP at Weis for these items was $16.09

I earned back $9.75 in regular rebates and hit the 10 items so got the $5 Bonus plus a .50¢ Bonus for buying Scotties and Bigelow together so $15.25 back at Weis + $5.10 back at R-A=$20.35 in rebates.

$16.09 spent OOP, $20.35 total back in rebates AND $2 back in BC at R-A for the Playtex purchase turning this into a $6.26 moneymaker. 8-)))

Other than the tampons(which I'll pass along to someone who can use them)everything is useful to us and/or something we needed now.

Sluggy


3 comments:

  1. I’m trying some vegan protein bites called Wholly Rollies. Ibotta and the Kroger app had them BOGO so free after the rebates. Beyond Meatballs would have been the same deal but Kroger doesn’t carry them.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too try to limit buying to things I need not want.
    this sometimes works.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.