Monday, December 21, 2020

This Week on The Dining Table


The "I'd Hate to Meet the Dog That Could Eat That!" Edition.....

Hubs posed with this Holiday Dog Rawhide Treat.  Look at the size of that thing!!  Unfortunately I don't have a Mastiff, Great Dane, or "Insert other massive dog here" to gift it to.  Or should that be fortunately? lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Salmon, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Pizza, Salad
4. Wednesday--Meatloaf, Veggies TBD, maybe Noodles for Hubs
5. Thursday--Butternut Ravioli w/White Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Salmon, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Domino's pizza, Salad
5. Thursday-Beef Stew, leftover Whack Biscuits
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Roast Chicken, leftover Sweet Potato Fries, Sugar Snap Peas

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out.   
The Butternut Ravioli didn't happen again, so it moves to this week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 cans of OJ concentrate

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  3 Hamburger patties
*  1/2 a small Salmon side
*  2 Petite Grilling Steaks(for the Stew)
*  Sugar Snap Peas

We spent $75.46 last week($57.12 at Weis and 3 other small shops at DG/CVS/Ollie's).  That brings our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $276.94 for December so far.

There are 10 shopping days left in December.  

I've earned $96.19 on Ibotta in December. 
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $10.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in December.
I've earned 8428 points from shopping on Fetch in December.
I've earned 3165 points from food shopping on ShopKick in December.
I've earned 600 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in December.

My savings percentage for last week was 61.50%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for December and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 54.33%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....1/2 a carton of Chicken Stock(which I'll use in either Chicken and Dumplings or Pot Pie).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Butternut Squash Ravioli
2. Monday--Meatloaf, Steamed Mixed Veggies
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings or Chicken Pot Pie using leftover Roast Chicken
4. Wednesday--leftover Beef Stew
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out
6. Friday--Baked Ham, Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Salad, Carrots, Rolls, Stollen and Cookies
7. Saturday--Pierogies and ? at Son's apartment

What needs buying for this menu?  Salad fixings and carrots.  Not much but I'll make a run to Weis/Walmart this week(gotta work on those Ibotta Bonuses), hopefully sooner rather than later. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I have a Mastiff. They are not chewers, or, at least, this one isn't, so that would go to waste on him. I have had Labrador Retrievers who could make fast work of that, though. I will never have a dog again. Easy as the Mastiff is, g I have grown to despise having dogs. I don't like anything about them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a medium sized mixed breed dog and he loves to chew rawhide sticks, it would take a while but he would sure work on that giant stick

    Your savings are amazing. I’ve done almost zero couponing in 2020- maybe I’ll bet back to it in 2021

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryl the dog would drag that thing around the yard despite his size. He’s small but mighty!

    I’m experimenting with a vegan fettuccine Alfredo today. The sauce looks good and I’m adding zucchini, tomatoes and some fake chicken strips.

    Pot pie and who knows for the rest of the week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really go off plan, because my plan is food. I saw a whole rack of the candy cane dog bones and did a double take. I almost ran the electric cart into people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meal plan for this week is pretty basic. I do have a nice chuck roast to make for Christmas. This week is basically chicken sausages, sweet potatoes, quinoa, salad and Brussel sprouts. Speaking of food, time to put the sweet potatoes in the oven to roast.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.