Saturday, December 5, 2020

2020 Third Quarter.....Small Economies Report

** I just noticed I forgot to publish this post from back in October. ugh.  Not that it's relevant now but here it is. **  --slug



The third quarter of 2020 is in the books now.
Let's see where some of my small pots of savings look like so far 3/4 though the year.
These stats are all effective as of September 30, 2020.

*  Rolled coins--$3.50



I rolled a whole .50¢ in pennies since March. lolz

*  Found Change--$49.44  Finding money is the best!  Nobody can argue with that, right? 8-))

*  Refunds & "Post Coupons"--$80.76 Mostly Weis(PMITA)Markets and Rite-Aid.

*  Cash Rebates--
   * Ibotta--$777.58
   * SavingStar--$47.75
   * Checkout51--$13.75
   * ShopAtHome--$23.27

Total.........$996.05 so far in 2020 to put toward the grocery spending in December. I can only withdraw $982.30 of this so far(as I haven't reached the Checkout51 threshold).
At this 3/4 of the way point in 2020 that means our OOP on food spending is $2,523.46 with that $982.30 in small economies deducted.
Nice.
Plus I have $20 in Visa prepaid gift cards, $10 in Walmart gift cards(and another $15 in prepaid Visa cards if my P and G rebate card comes before the end of the year)I can apply to the food spending for 2020.

Do you stash non-income money aside to put toward a goal?
Tell us about it and what strategies work for you in savings small amounts of money!


Sluggy




6 comments:

  1. Small economy goals are nice to save for the odd treat we migh tnot otherwise wan to spend the traditional household budget on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Tootsie Roll can where I stash coins and sometimes a bill or two. It is what is in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever worked? Or just sat in your recliner and barely bent over to pick up lost pennies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the sort that likes to be rid of coins as soon as I can to avoid a build up. Someone does the opposite. All change goes into a blue piggybank on the butcherblock in the laundry room and when it is full he wraps them in papers like the ones in the photo. He enjoys this. We ofter have 20-40$ of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find making coin rolls quite therapeutic myself.

      Delete
  5. I have a cookie tin that I collect my change in. At first I used it to finish off Christmas gifts. I think I needed it for about 4 years. Then I started putting it in my savings account to go toward the emergency fund. I am not sure what my goal will be after that. Too soon to tell.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.