Saturday, December 26, 2020

Frugal Friday Again on Saturday....the December 26th Edition

 Even though it's the Day after Christmas let's do the Frugal Friday list!

*  I always give the Brother In-Law a box of food/HBA/toiletries(mostly from my stockpile)for Christmas.  Most years this involves having to wrap and decorate a large cardboard box so the presentation is nice.  I ran out of large wicker or other baskets to use for this purpose years ago and I refuse to buy one anymore.  Add in that my hands don't work some days(arthritic and all)well enough to wrap a cardboard box well enough for it to look nice. ;-)


I came up with the perfect solution this year.  My brother had gifted us an order of Omaha Steaks 2 years ago and I still had this heavy duty styrofoam cooler in the garage from when those arrived.
I put his Christmas goodies in that and put a ribbon/bow around it.  The ribbon was found in one of my Christmas tubs of miscellany.

I recycled the container and passed it off to someone else to deal with. lol

*  I submitted all my receipts from last week to various stores to Ibotta, ShopKick, Fetch and Kellog's to earn points/kicks/rewards/cash depending on what items I bought that qualified for something.

*  On December 19th when leaving Rite-Aid I saw something shiny in a snowbank in the parking lot opposite where I was parked in a vacant parking spot.  The snow removal company from our 12 incher storm did a shitty job of clearing the parking lot so they had to hire someone in a small Bobcat to reshovel the lot that morning.  I backed up my car to the parking spot where I saw the red and gold shiny thing and found this.......

2 small bags of Peppermint Bark chocolate still sealed.  Obviously these fell out of someone's bag somewhere in the parking lot snow after the storm and ended up heaped into this snowbank.  I took a photo of them and sent it to the Assistant Manager and told her where I found them in case someone came in or called the store looking for them so I could turn them in.  So far, no one has tried to claim them so I may have something yummy to have for New Year's Eve. 8-)

*  Hubs and I used our Ollie's coupon on Dec. 18th......

Ollie's typically holds a one night special sale on the Sunday before Christmas and you need this ticket to get into the store and get 25% off toys and Xmas stuff and 15% off everything else in the store.  But with COVID this year and not wanting that sort of crowd this event causes they made the coupon good for a whole week.  Friday was the next to last day to use it so we went out.  Didn't really pick up much(mostly I bought 3 books)as there wasn't much on the list of needs lately.  I did spend $8.95 after discount on foodstuffs but I haven't taken a photo of it and can't for the life of me remember what foods I bought.

*  There was a flurry of last minute shopping at Walmart/Weis/CVS/Rite-Aid and of all places Target too! to finish off the 3 level Ibotta rebate Bonuses.  More on that later.

*  I found money!

I found a penny at Ollie's last Friday.



I found 2 pennies at Rite-Aid last Friday as well.  They were found in different locations in the store so I took separate photos. lolz

I was back at Rite-Aid the next day and found .10¢ on the floor near the register.

On Monday Hubs and I went to Walmart and found another .11¢.  Both in the self-checkout area.

The next day I hit Weis for some last minute foodstuffs and found a penny.


Back to Rite-Aid on Wednesday and I found .11¢ more. This was the week of .11¢ no doubt! lol


And finally on Christmas Eve I found a penny at Weis(PMITA)Markets again under one of the self-checkout machines.

Total Found This Week..... .37¢
Total Found This Year So Far...$53.50


That's about all I can think of for the week ending on December 24th.


What frugal wins did y'all have this past week leading up to Christmas?
Tell us all about it!

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I have a new indoor drying system since the weather hasn’t been cooperating with line drying. Towels go on the drying racks, sheets and blankets are draped over the canopy bed. Clothes are washed on a different day so I can use the same hanging spaces.

    I found extra emergency cash from a spring break trip when I was looking for tip money for the garbage collectors. I thought it was $100 but turned out to be $180. I gave $20 each so still have quite a bit leftover. Not going anywhere so it should last a while.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooler was perfect! Now, you don't have to store it and keep it from getting crushed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing frugal here this week alas; January should be different.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.